Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
that's great.....but if you are driving and see stop light or stop sign, can't you just slow by taking foot off accelerator pedal and use the self braking to stop?......I wonder if it is used for stopping when using the nav on autopilot.....looks like I dont understand but I am sure I will learn as things progress.....thanks for the explanation

Yes. Early Access only, has FSD stopping at stop signs and stop lights (all of them, even if green) and allows driver to accelerate through the light if safe. Sounds super BETA.
Stopping at green lights doesn’t even qualify as beta testing. That should only be used on a closed test course. Highly irresponsible to release that build if that is the case.

Stopping at green lights doesn’t even qualify as beta testing. That should only be used on a closed test course. Highly irresponsible to release that build if that is the case.
I disagree. You don’t have to turn it on. If you do, it defaults to stopping which will definitely keep you engaged. Each time the driver tells the car to proceed, Tesla can compare to what the car saw. In most cases this will be verification that the light was indeed green. However, if there is a light that is red but for another lane and the car thought that was the correct light, then Tesla can identify a corner case that needs fixing.

I strongly suspect that closed course testing has been done. Now Tesla needs real world data.