Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020.12.5 and Sentry mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

I upgraded my M3 to 2020.12.5 yesterday and I noticed a small change regarding to Sentry mode.

Before the upgrade, every time I park my car, I would see a Sentry icon pop up at top right part of the screen with a red dot meaning that the Sentry mode has started.

With the latest upgrade, when I park my car, I see a Sentry mode icon pop up on the screen but NO red dot. Do I have to touch the Sentry mode icon in order for the red dot to appear on the screen so that it would record any movements around my M3? Yes, Sentry mode is enabled via "Safety and Security" screen.

Please limit this thread to 2020.12.5 and Sentry mode.

Thanks,
Peter

Reactions: Carolina Karl
Taking into account that this is the sentry mode thread on the 2020.12.5 update, I would like to ask you if you are experiencing recording issues after 12 hours of not accessing the car. I mean, I enable the sentry and it works perfectly maybe 6 or 7 hours but, next morning when I approach my car, the sentry still triggering as usual but when I check the clips, it only records the particular moment in which I opened the door.

Reactions: lUtriaNt