Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020.12.5 - Hundreds of sentry events

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Loving 2020.12.5 but since the update my car seems to be capturing and classing the “running hours of footage” as sentry events came out for over 300 events all after each other and from viewing the footage nothing happened and no actual event but recorded footage and classed as sentry event

anyone else seen this?
A5A7CC60-F83E-4FA3-9195-F5584F037863.jpeg

I’ve seen this once when it was raining hard and the droplets on the front camera seemed to trigger the events. The car was parked in such a way that the light from a streetlight across the street caused stripes of light on the recording. Also on another occasion where leaves were constantly swirling around the car. In this case it also seemed that the front camera triggered the recordings.

Did you notice something similar on your footage?

Thanks for the reply but none of them.
Car was parked in its normal place, no rain or leaves and lighting consistent.

when I reviewed the 300 events I noticed one of them was a sentry event as I could see the headlights flashed but all the others there was no headlights and so not a real event.

if that makes sense, also only started with the latest update :(

Although it would be unfortunate for you if this behavior continues, I doubt it will. There are thousands of cars updated to this version of the software and if this would have been a bug then the number of reports about it would have skyrocketed by now, which it didn’t.

Did you reboot/reset the car after the update? I’ve made it a common practice to do so after an update and (fortunately) never have any of the issues some folks report after an update. I hope this was just a glitch and you’ll be able to enjoy your car moving forward!

Reactions: Fellsteruk