Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020.12.5 Issues for MCU1 AP 2.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Though I know our configuration is at best an afterthought now, I wanted to reach out to the community to see if anyone else with my config is having issues updating to 2020.12.5. I’ve received the download (which pauses around 53-73%) multiple times now, and after rebooting (again, multiple times, soft and hard) it reverts to downloading the build that I’m on 2020.8.2, which there again sits stable around the same percentage download. Have entered a couple of service tickets now, but they just confirm that I received 2020.12.5 before I should have, and pull back both downloads... then the fun restarts. Obviously most likely a bug, but am curious if anyone else is seeing / experiencing the same thing, and what can be done to resolve the issue.

Attachments

• 565EAF2A-82B0-46BC-9AEF-B9D9C723F608.jpeg
    565EAF2A-82B0-46BC-9AEF-B9D9C723F608.jpeg
    124.8 KB · Views: 72
  • 3EDDA827-D92E-497A-8BF8-D7F43E0C3782.jpeg
    3EDDA827-D92E-497A-8BF8-D7F43E0C3782.jpeg
    122.9 KB · Views: 52
Are you seeing other symptoms of MCU failing? hopefully your still covered under warranty, but generally failing eMMC memory chip can issues loading new firmware. Consolidated eMMC Thread (MCU repair) (Black Center Screen) for more details. Service Center will not replace until MCU is totally dead, but there is good information for you to look up additional symptoms. They will reload your MCU and often can get rid of the issues.

• Informative
Reactions: Ryshaw
I’ve have a Raven and had a couple stubborn updates exactly like that get stuck at 60% for hours. It eventually sorted itself out. But the 12.5 update went smooth (which means nothing). Not sure if it decides to update maps, upload, calibrate or what.

Just make sure it has a solid WiFi during the update in case it downloads more stuff.

Though I know our configuration is at best an afterthought now, I wanted to reach out to the community to see if anyone else with my config is having issues updating to 2020.12.5. I’ve received the download (which pauses around 53-73%) multiple times now, and after rebooting (again, multiple times, soft and hard) it reverts to downloading the build that I’m on 2020.8.2, which there again sits stable around the same percentage download. Have entered a couple of service tickets now, but they just confirm that I received 2020.12.5 before I should have, and pull back both downloads... then the fun restarts. Obviously most likely a bug, but am curious if anyone else is seeing / experiencing the same thing, and what can be done to resolve the issue.

I was sitting on 8.1 for a couple of weeks, then my car upgraded to 8.2. The next day it upgraded to 8.3, followed immediately by the jump to 12.5. I did not even get a chance to drive 8.3 before the upgrade to 12.5 was offered. 12.5 installed with no issues. Basically three upgrades within 24 hours. Never had that happen before! Now if I could only go somewhere <sigh>.

• Informative
March 2017 X. It stopped updating after 2019.40.1.1. I had to create a service appointment and they fixed it remotely in a few hours. That got me 2020.8.2. I got 2020.12.5 normally about four days later.

Haven't driven 2020.12.5 with the X yet, but it is installed and has no issues sitting in the garage.

Thanks for the replies everyone, very helpful. I’ll continue to wait it out as she’s just sitting in the garage for a while anyway. Hopefully not an MCU issue, though maybe that would just push me to upgrade.

Appreciate all of the insight!