Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020.12.5 Rolling

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just installing 12.5 here.

Phantom corrective steering I often had on the previous buggy version has bugged (pardon the pun) the hell out of me. So although the dash cam viewer is a welcome (but surely overdue?) addition, I'm still mainly hoping for a bug free update...

Self isolating with a sick parent though so might not use this one much.

Reactions: drewpost
Drove the car for the first time earlier today since yesterdays update for 2020.12.5. Just two small comments so far:-

1. Regenerative braking was substantially better
2. It removed my scheduled start time for charging, so had to reinstate it.

I'm sure there are other things that will become obvious in due course.

• Informative
Reactions: Durzel
Installed 2020.12.5 a couple of days ago but not used the car since. Took it out today for a 14 mile round trip to the farm shop to collect our food order. Things I noticed

- no more steering correction assistance, used to get this 10 or so times on the same journey before the update
- seems to recognise an awful lot more wheelie bins and traffic signs and gate pillars which now show as bins!
- and of course sentry views on screen

Reactions: WarpedOne
- no more steering correction assistance, used to get this 10 or so times on the same journey before the update

Only recently got 2020.8.3 and that seems to have solved the steering correction issue for me. Supermarket and back is a 50 mile journey and would normally have given a few spurious alarms ... but none today. Looking forward to 2020.12.5 for further goodies!

Drove the car for the first time earlier today since yesterdays update for 2020.12.5. Just two small comments so far:-

1. Regenerative braking was substantially better
2. It removed my scheduled start time for charging, so had to reinstate it.

I'm sure there are other things that will become obvious in due course.[/QUOTE
In what way do you find regen better? If it seems stronger could it be the warmer weather?]

I'm 15 miles away from decent supermarkets. The queue was absurd with a haze of virus under the inversion layer so i went home and returned late evening before they closed. Turns out they aren't restocking with customers in there. My trip for soem fresh stuff was a bust - scavenged clean.. a couple fo packs of carrost and spuds and soem dodgy mango no-one would buy with all the fruit/veggie shelves empty. A solitary pat of butter and few spreads, no eggs or milk and I figure my freezers held more than theirs.
Not all bad though - i got to drive my S twice and there's always the hedgerows for garlic leaves and stuff.

• Funny
Reactions: Jez_GB and Adopado
I’ve stopped using our supermarkets. We have excellent farm shops, butchers etc out in the country. Very well stocked and very few customers. Much more pleasant and safer to use these as well as putting money back into the local economy. I’d love to carry on using them when things get back to normal but somehow I reckon we’ll end up back at the supermarkets!

Just installed 12.5 in a Model S Aug 2017 MCU1 AP2.5 and no dash cam viewer.
2BC3DD39-451F-4091-86FC-0BCA5C141290.jpeg

Slightly askew from direct features, but 12.5 on my RMS 2019 LR are:

Regeneration no change is my take. Much warmer than last time I tested, but temp balanced ambient / battery at 15deg C I think (see pic) had 50% regen. Down hill / level gentle drive gave no change. Moderate uphill and regen limit completely off. So yes, better, but bat temp vs regen not much different.

Looking at visualization of stop line as you approach T-junction seemed to accurately locate exact edge of the carriage way ahead of you. Made me think back to parking aids and using image processing to generate image of front of car when parking.

Regarding the viewer, on my car it clearly shows the problem of rear view image being way too dark (useless at night). Front and side images are reasonable at most light levels while rear is very much darker.

IMAG8429.jpg

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: AndrewGR