Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020.12.5 Update issue w/Sentry Viewer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While updating my ‘18 M3 to 2020.12.5 software I never received the update complete message. When I went to the car, it wouldn’t turn on. I performed a reboot from steering wheel and the car turned on. It showed the 2020.12.5 release notes, including the new dashcam viewer, however when I click on the sentry icon in quick launch at top of the screen I don’t get the dashcam viewer menu. Any recommendations on how to resolve?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f40b4mc0eqphw9r/Video%20Apr%2011%2C%2011%2059%2056%20AM.mov?dl=0

Attachments

• AA52E1D3-EAFC-4318-BBF1-73C9A27503C7.jpeg
    AA52E1D3-EAFC-4318-BBF1-73C9A27503C7.jpeg
    327.7 KB · Views: 83
From the new icon for Sentry, looks like you got the upgrade.

To see the viewer you viewer you click on the DASHCAM icon while in Park. Where did your Dashcam icon go?
Not sure...that’s my point I think something got jacked up during the install. I submitted a repair request into Tesla. I suspect they will probably have to re-push and reinstall the update. I will update the post as I learn more.

I figured it out...I was using the Tesla Roadie to store/view Dashcam footage. I took it out and replaced it with a different memory stick (formatted for fat32 w/Teslacam folder) and it worked. It looks like the roadie either doesn’t work with this software update or somehow the software update jacked up the Roadie.

Reactions: lUtriaNt