Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ahhhhh yeah I been on 12.1 for over 2 weeks now, a lot earlier than most. No stopping or even warnings yet with HW3 on my 2018 :(
The warnings have been out for a while now, but they only show at the very last moment. Next time you have a red light ahead and no traffic behind, engage autosteer and reduce the speed to 5mph as you get close to the intersection. You’ll get the alert when you’re just a few feet away from the intersection, and you’ll be required to take over immediately.

Reactions: lUtriaNt
Yep, I'll stick with my Roadie...

Good luck with that when you are out in your car or otherwise not real close to your home's WiFi. The Tesla player may not be 30 fps but it's a lot better than having the video stop for a second, play for a second, stop for a second, etc. Then there's the issue of the microSD card. Mine has already worn out, and it's a bit of a pain replacing it.

The Roadie is great for viewing from you home, no need to be in your car. That's about it.

• Informative
Reactions: Silicon Desert
Good luck with that when you are out in your car or otherwise not real close to your home's WiFi. The Tesla player may not be 30 fps but it's a lot better than having the video stop for a second, play for a second, stop for a second, etc. Then there's the issue of the microSD card. Mine has already worn out, and it's a bit of a pain replacing it.

The Roadie is great for viewing from you home, no need to be in your car. That's about it.

You don't need Wi-Fi to connect to the roadie. You can directly connect to its bluetooth connection as long as you're close range of the Roadie.

Also, the developer has made some recent updates to the app where there is minute/no lag or buffering at all when you view videos. I used to hate using the Roadie due to this issue, but it's since been resolved. You just have to make sure to enable the process full video in settings.

Support communication can be iffy though.