Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No warning messages, tried reboot, no worky. I’ve driven the car almost 14k miles, likey 13500 of those I’ve been on autopilot. I only say this to say “I’m not a completely ignorant moron” in a polite method. Maybe “this ain’t my first rodeo”.

I assert it had everything to do with it. After the maps updated, cruise control and autopilot worked again.correlation vs causation. Good luck convincing me I’m wrong.

When you say "reboot" what do you mean exactly? I found that with such issues, rebooting the screen with the 2 scroll wheels doesn't help.

You should try shutting down the car by going to the settings and hitting "Power Off" under the safety & security I think. Then wait at least 3 minutes before opening a door or hitting the brake pedal.

I was so excited to see my car which was on 12.0 got an update, but WTF I only got the 12.1 update and not the 12.5 update. I am so stinking mad. Will I ever get the 12.5 update for my 2019 model 3 with FSD?

I understand Jayhof.

I'm not going to say calm down because I get it. I understand.

You should have gotten 12.5.

Call them and see what they say.

Firmware 2020.12.5 is apparently released (or about to be released), with at least the following two new features:
  • Dashcam Viewer
  • Out of Order Supercharger Stalls
Sources:

Tesla releases Dashcam Viewer software update, allows TeslaCam, Sentry Mode viewing in car - Electrek
Tesla Owners Online on Twitter

No sign of this on TeslaFi yet, so it could be an EAP version only (though I'm not sure those ever show release notes).

If you happen to receive this version, please do post full release notes. TIA!
I'm getting it right now. Vin#128xxx

2020.12.5 installed tonight. Frame rate of the viewer is not great, like an even more jerky frame rate than the backup camera in HW3 cars.

In addition, I wish there were an easy way to step forward/back 5 or 10 seconds without playing with an inaccurate slider. Something like YouTube’s implementation would be great (double tapping on left or right of viewer for e.g. 10 second back or forth).

Also the viewer couldn’t play back any of my Dash Cam videos from August 2019 or earlier. I wonder if it’s something to do with the HEVC file format at that time before it switched back to h264. I’d need to pull the drive and see.

• Disagree
Reactions: WarpedOne
Mine updated a couple if hours ago and in that time I had to reboot three times in the dashcam viewer. It would glitch during a clip, then freeze completely. I wonder if it is an issue with the software or if my storage device is the cause?

Just got it, but I hoped this was the release with stopping at Stop sign/light. Apparently I am mistaken. Which release has that.

That release is still in EAP and was leaked last week, but I havent heard any new reports since.
Watch Tesla Autopilot automatically stop at red light for the first time - Electrek
Tesla self-driving traffic light and stop-sign interaction explained in leaked manual - Electrek

My guess is that one will take a little longer to get to the masses, as it has more important implications if anything goes wrong.

Edit: there was an update from Elon stating it would be a few weeks before it’s released in the US to non-EAP in a few weeks (probably vague intentionally).
Tesla is aiming to release Autopilot for intersections in just weeks in the US, will take months for other markets - Electrek

12.1 is in the top 75% of cars. There is ZERO reason to call and take away resources. If you are stuck for a month in the last 1% then you might call.

What?

Take away resources?

From who?

Who sets the criteria for calling Tesla when you buy something from them for $50k to $70k+ ?

Part of that $50k to $70k+ goes to pay the salaries of the people who Tesla hires to answer your questions.

Last edited:
Also the viewer couldn’t play back any of my Dash Cam videos from August 2019 or earlier. I wonder if it’s something to do with the HEVC file format at that time before it switched back to h264. I’d need to pull the drive and see.

I'd bet money that's exactly the issue- they didn't bother installing playback support for a codec they don't record with anymore.

What?

Take away resources?

From who?

From anyone with a legit issue waiting for their call to be answered.

Do you not know how resources work?

Reactions: ElectricIAC
When you say "reboot" what do you mean exactly? I found that with such issues, rebooting the screen with the 2 scroll wheels doesn't help.

You should try shutting down the car by going to the settings and hitting "Power Off" under the safety & security I think. Then wait at least 3 minutes before opening a door or hitting the brake pedal.

soft reboot with two wheels. But yeah power off also didn’t help in the past when I had the dreaded no backup camera, no GPS, no nothing. Had to let the car sit 4hrs and then it went away.

“ain’t nobody got time for that” 3 min shut down. Had to get to work so I drove it. Like I said. The map updated, problem went away. I honestly don’t care why it went away, just that it did.

woke up this AM to see the software update on my phone. i installed it as i was preparing to leave for the office.

got to the car and saw the update notes but also that i had one sentry trigger. GREAT! i said--what a good way to test this out immediately (live in an apartment with gated/enclosed garage).

i like that it had the "tap here to view" under the sentry notification so i did and instantly the camera popped up. i scrolled into the video and saw it was some pesky cat walking around at 3am. :) the video did not stutter or have any jerky movement and was fast to play even though i was "Seeking" the video by moving the slider to quickly scan. im using a 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD which is quite fast. i also have it partitioned for music as well. to be able to tap on the camera and see it come up to full view--just a really cool update. it was a chore to remove the stick and take it inside. lovely feature.

mentioned this in the other 12.5 thread but got the update overnight and was able to test the viewer first thing when i got in the car. video was not jerky on my end. even when sliding the timeline back and forth to quickly scan the video. using a 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD .

• Informative
Reactions: comraddan