Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is no line for updates.

Do you know of a line?

Point = Call Tesla whenever you like - for whatever you like.

If you want to call them to tell them they are doing a good job. Call
If you want to call them to tell them they are doing a bad job. Call
If you have an issue with your car. Call
If you have an issue with updates. Call
If you have any issues or praises. Call

You paid for that benefit.

As I told my kids over and over and over. If you don't know something - ask someone... don't sit around being confused.

Ok Karen.

Here we go again.... feature thrown in that doesn't work properly. Anyone who tests the software before fleet release is a very bad tester, feedback and no one has the balls to say hold this. Lets release it when its working at an acceptable level. So roll on months of more bad reputation talk. Cool new feature but not good enough to be released on a Tesla. Movie playback can be done smooth on a micro pc worth £80.

Standards are low....

I would say there is a standards issue alright. But it's not with Tesla.

BTW, the vast majority of reports aren't complaining, at all, about this free, new feature.

Agree. Don't need 4k 60 fps HDR to see some minivan hit my M3.

I would like to think that we hold Tesla to highest standards… Do you think we don’t need super smooth map navigation either? Or maybe we don’t really need pinch to zoom when we could just have plus and minus buttons on the screen…?

While I am very grateful that we have a camera viewer in the car, it absolutely feels half baked. Compared to the smooth user-interface of so much of the rest of the car, it just feels jarring.

I would say there is a standards issue alright. But it's not with Tesla.

BTW, the vast majority of reports aren't complaining, at all, about this free, new feature.

True I didn't pay for the phantom braking either. Features are nice and so is quality of those implemented, since christmas I noticed a decline. Lets hope they find someone who can work better with the video encoder/decoder.

Last edited:
True I didn't pay for the phantom breaking either. Features are nice and so is quality of those implemented, since christmas I noticed a decline. Lets hope they find someone who can work better with the video encoder/decoder.
What phantom broke? Was he critically injured? Lord I hope not.

What phantom broke? Was he critically injured? Lord I hope not.

Yes its like saying well this car doesn't need to be serviced as much as a conventional ice car but add in the corrective service center visits that will burn up more time than an oil change. Phantom Braking is a thing so is quality control and until proven otherwise as an owner and recipient of software updates not only is the build quality in question now but so is the software. I am not against a future vision we need EV’s but there is doing it right or doing it sloppy. Releasing software to frustrate your customers is sloppy. Especially with a non existent deadline. Whoever tests this back at mothership needs a new objective.

Yes its like saying well this car doesn't need to be serviced as much as a conventional ice car but add in the corrective service center visits that will burn up more time than an oil change. Phantom Braking is a thing so is quality control and until proven otherwise as an owner and recipient of software updates not only is the build quality in question now but so is the software. I am not against a future vision we need EV’s but there is doing it right or doing it sloppy. Releasing software to frustrate your customers is sloppy. Especially with a non existent deadline. Whoever tests this back at mothership needs a new objective.

Understood, but then (IMO) you’d have to be really nitpicking to call the viewer “half baked”, especially since it was never expected nor promised. I am not in the least bit disappointed. I love free stuff.

Got the update notice at 4 am this morning (storm woke me up) so updated to it 3 hours before starting a 700 mile trip from north GA mountains to SW Florida. Used navigate by autopilot the entire way with 3 charging stops and 3 rest area stops. Only saw two Tesla’s total charging today. Light but decent amount of traffic. No problems at all other than AP kept trying to get me to let it take me out of the Atlanta HOV lane. Didn’t seem so determined to stay exactly in center of lane like it used to. Also didn’t veer you to center quickly upon activation of AP at all. Also skipped the crappy Atlantic station chargers in downtown Atlanta this time. Forgot to even check if it showed them as all operational in this release. Love the replay option on TeslaCam.

Reactions: ElectricIAC
Understood, but then (IMO) you’d have to be really nitpicking to call the viewer “half baked”, especially since it was never expected nor promised. I am not in the least bit disappointed. I love free stuff.

It’s absolutely half-baked. Whether it’s promised or expected is pretty irrelevant if you ask me. I’m glad to have it, even as is, but it unquestionably needs work.