Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can I loan you my glasses... because you obviously didn't read. The complaint was that Tesla puts stuff out w/o letting the community know what's up... you just have to pray to a non-existent god and hope the next one doesn't affect you.

Also... note that Rodie indicated they were prioritizing a fix that night. They have no choice but to 'react' ... Tesla does not allow 'pro-action'.

Finally, NOTHING about Tesla s/w is free. Tesla/Elon's PROMISE is that the car gets better as it ages.... and you pay premium for it when you buy it. So, don't give me this FREE upgrade BS.

All I can say is that this guy is happy with his update.... So we should all be.

He doesn't even have cameras to enjoy the sentry/dashcam update.

Beautiful rims though.

Can I loan you my glasses... because you obviously didn't read. The complaint was that Tesla puts stuff out w/o letting the community know what's up... you just have to pray to a non-existent god and hope the next one doesn't affect you.

Also... note that Rodie indicated they were prioritizing a fix that night. They have no choice but to 'react' ... Tesla does not allow 'pro-action'.

Finally, NOTHING about Tesla s/w is free. Tesla/Elon's PROMISE is that the car gets better as it ages.... and you pay premium for it when you buy it. So, don't give me this FREE upgrade BS.

What is this "community" you keep speaking of? The developer community? Guess what... there IS NO DEVELOPER COMMUNITY. Tesla DOES not support third party developers. Period. They have a limited API for a select few third parties to allow then connection via their web apps. There is NO SDK. Tesla has hinted there might be in the future, but as of now, Tesla has ZERO obligation, legal, moral or whatever, to announce new features ahead of time.

So, if you want to make software or hardware to be used with Teslas, do so at your own risk. At any given moment your product may be unusable. I'm sure Roadie is aware of this, along with Teslafi, Tesla Stats etc.

And I didn't realize that you are a cost accountant for Tesla. According to you, these upgrade costs are baked into the car price. Ever hear of something called goodwill? That comes from giving us unannounced, unexpected FREE upgrades. That's right... FREE. The price you paid for your Model 3 is sunk, it's already spent. You were NEVER promised anything but your key card.

I suggest you turn off all connectivity to your car. That way, you won't get these upgrades that offend you. The level of arrogant entitlement expressed by some in this thread is staggering.

Third. I'm usually on to the newest .X release before even 10% of people on TeslaFi have it. .X.X sometimes never comes which is fine and I totally understand. A little surprised that 1/3 of TeslaFi cars have it and my car still says it's up to date on 2020.8.3. I'm happy that it's been pretty stable for me, so I'm not in a rush to get this new one. Just a bit surprising.
Like you, I am normally in the first 10-15% of getting updates - but not this one. Wonder if it is model specific. I have an earlier P3D- without FSD and 2.5.

Anyone noticed this. I'm on 2020.8.1 and it sees wheelie bins!
IMG_3094.jpg

Reactions: Richt

I read it, you just don’t like the answer.
Tesla does not have an app development program, or app store. They have made no promises, and have no obligation to notify every independent software developer of changes to their car. Do they call each independent company that makes floor mats that the seat dimensions have changed. ?
Nope, and they shouldn’t have to like you suggest.

You didn’t pay one dime for free software upgrades. (FSD aside). Tesla markets this as a feature, and its within their best interest to keep them coming, but you did not pay for them. No line item on your purchase agreement says OTA updates $1,000
You need to throw your entitled beliefs out the window, it’s just stressing you out.

Ahhhhh yeah I been on 12.1 for over 2 weeks now, a lot earlier than most. No stopping or even warnings yet with HW3 on my 2018 :(

Really? If you can in a safe area, put it on full auto and head toward a stop sign. Mine doesn’t stop, but at the last moment a loud warning sounds and the screen flashes red with a message that says something like ‘take control immediately’. I wouldn’t say it’s early enough to be safe enough to rely on, but when I purposefully trigger the warning I always have time to hit the breaks and stop just short of the sign.

The Roadie has been mentioned a couple of times, so I wanted to share the email users got on Tuesday (NOTE: I edited a typo where he was calling it 2020.19.5.). Since I am still on 2020.8.3, I don't know if this was achieved.

Tesla 2020.12.5 Update Incompatibility
Hello everyone!

I hope everyone is safe and healthy in this difficult time.

If you install the 2020.12.5 update the Roadie will not be recognized as a valid disk.
Tesla changed the allowed format of the disk without notifying anyone so unfortunately I didn't see this coming.

I am going to push out a fix tonight. This update will re-format the device so if you need to make any backups of videos please do so.

I'm very sorry about this!
Stay Safe!

Jake

Just installed 2020.12.5 on my car, when I open up the dashcam viewer and close it seems to disable dashcam. The icon in the status bar is no longer red. After closing it I have to hold the icon down to re-enable it. Is this expected with the update? My car was in park so it maybe be just that and I haven’t noticed before.

Last edited:
Yes its like saying well this car doesn't need to be serviced as much as a conventional ice car but add in the corrective service center visits that will burn up more time than an oil change. Phantom Braking is a thing so is quality control and until proven otherwise as an owner and recipient of software updates not only is the build quality in question now but so is the software. I am not against a future vision we need EV’s but there is doing it right or doing it sloppy. Releasing software to frustrate your customers is sloppy. Especially with a non existent deadline. Whoever tests this back at mothership needs a new objective.

They release software to frustrate you? Is it the phantom who does this? Wait, no he’s broken. Poor guy...crap I assumed the phantoms gender. Do phantoms even have a gender? These are problems that need answers! I once took my brand new dodge to the dealership because the cast oil pan had a leak. I was flabbergasted, I mean, what the heck? This was an SRT vehicle, and the dealer said “since it’s SRT, you can have any vehicle off the lot as your loaner”. I was elated by this news, and pointed at the bright red Viper in the showroom. His face drooped as he said “except that”. I felt lied to and betrayed, as I drove the, totally not a Viper, home.

• Funny
Reactions: dandrewk
All I can say is that this guy is happy with his update.... So we should all be.

He doesn't even have cameras to enjoy the sentry/dashcam update.

Beautiful rims though.
Two thoughts on that video.
1. I love that he put it in launch mode....you had to see his seat lower.
2. I bet it’s fast as hell with all that weight reduction.

Just to be sure, it only displays sentry clips and dash cam clips that you have saved?

If so, hmmm, wonder why not "recents"? Maybe in the next version...

That's my experience as well. Only Sentry and saved dashcam clips.
I see reviews on YouTube where people have to scroll through a large list in dashcam. Did they save so many clips. Did I miss a setting somewhere?