Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is no line for updates.

Do you know of a line?

Point = Call Tesla whenever you like - for whatever you like.

If you want to call them to tell them they are doing a good job. Call
If you want to call them to tell them they are doing a bad job. Call
If you have an issue with your car. Call
If you have an issue with updates. Call
If you have any issues or praises. Call

You paid for that benefit.

As I told my kids over and over and over. If you don't know something - ask someone... don't sit around being confused.
I do this with 911. I paid for that benefit.

• Funny
Reactions: TT97
Downloaded yesterday so I put a few sentry events on yesterday. When I went to view them this morning I could only see sentry and dascam events from a week or so ago. Its not showing events since the update, is there anything you need to dow with your storage device?

I just updated my tesla to the latest and also was able to get the nav update also.
We already know Tesla doesnt roll out the updates to everyone at once, so it doesnt overload the servers.
But, I suspect that checking for updates in the early hours, might be the key, if you don't want to be randomly selected during the day.
I checked mine around 4am and got the update, after checking many times during the day previously.

I wonder what would happen if Tesla pushed out update software to every car....then.....just notified you that an update "has been downloaded" ( not installed ).

The reason I asked is because with this latest update....I downloaded it using the WIFI of my phone - while I was driving home from work. It took about 45 minutes to download.
Then once I got home...I just executed the update.

I wonder if they could just let you know when the update is ready to be executed....and let the download happen automatically. That way we aren't just sitting there while the update is downloading...then sitting there waiting for the install to happen.

Sure - I have updated via my phone while I was in the house and the car was in the garage, but what fun is there to miss physically being in the car to hear all of the thunks and clunks of an update being executed.

I wonder what would happen if Tesla pushed out update software to every car....then.....just notified you that an update "has been downloaded" ( not installed ).

The reason I asked is because with this latest update....I downloaded it using the WIFI of my phone - while I was driving home from work. It took about 45 minutes to download.
Then once I got home...I just executed the update.

I wonder if they could just let you know when the update is ready to be executed....and let the download happen automatically. That way we aren't just sitting there while the update is downloading...then sitting there waiting for the install to happen.

Sure - I have updated via my phone while I was in the house and the car was in the garage, but what fun is there to miss physically being in the car to hear all of the thunks and clunks of an update being executed.

If your car is connected to WiFi, the car will automatically download the update and you only get notified once the update is ready to install. It is only if your car is not on WiFi that it will tell you to connect to WiFi to download.

My '18 AWD with HW 2.5 got the 12.5 update last night. I drove it to do a food run around lunch time today, and found

1. I saw cones!! Alas, in the instances that I caught them (with the corner of my right eye), they didn't match physical cones or even any hazard that's visible to my naked eyes.
2. It phantom-braked when encountering overpasses on highway. I have never experienced this before. The brakes weren't sudden or jerky, more of a steady, significant speed drop-- from 75mph to 50mph.

BTW, I got the navigation update right after the firmware update. I wonder if issue #2 is related to the new firmware or the new navigation update. Anybody has any insight?

Reactions: aspec818
Performance Model 3 also can access Track Mode sessions with the Dashcam Viewer.

IMG_1110.jpeg

Didn't see this mentioned earlier in the thread:
EXT4 partitioning stopped working after this updated, I had to change to exFAT. The car told me to format to a supported partitioning type.

Also, +1 on a timestamp for sentry activity. 10 minutes of video to find out somebody took a picture of your hilarious vanity plate is dumb.