Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So for those with a roadie, how do you get this to work? Before I updated the roadie software, the new Tesla viewer pulled my old roadie videos on the Tesla screen but wasn’t formatted for new dashcam or sentry mode recording. Once I updated the roadie software, the roadie started working ok on my phone and icons on the Tesla screen Too but it doesn’t pull any videos to the Tesla viewer, however they are on my phone in the roadie app. How do i get them to work in the Tesla viewer too?

My '18 AWD with HW 2.5 got the 12.5 update last night. I drove it to do a food run around lunch time today, and found

1. I saw cones!! Alas, in the instances that I caught them (with the corner of my right eye), they didn't match physical cones or even any hazard that's visible to my naked eyes.
Yep, I'm on HW 2.5 and also saw cones for the first time with this update. They seemed to be reasonably accurate. However, at least one trash can by the roadside was rendered as a cone. Wouldn't be surprised if the rendering code is dumbed down for HW 2.5.

AP2.5 gets cones and watered down red light recognition now under 2020.12.5.
Hydrants and anything red, orange and of similar vertical shape gets recognized as cones. Seems legit.

A newer cut of the 2020 nav maps downloaded too (seems a newer build from the ones Model Ys and some AP3 3s received mid March with the first 2020.12.x builds).

Screenshot_20200411-200701_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20200411-200653_Gallery.jpg

AP2.5 gets cones and watered down red light recognition now under 2020.12.5.
Hydrants and anything red, orange and of similar vertical shape gets recognized as cones. Seems legit.

A newer cut of the 2020 nav maps downloaded too (seems a newer build from the ones Model Ys and some AP3 3s received mid March with the first 2020.12.x builds).

View attachment 531536 View attachment 531537
I just got the 2020.12.5 update yesterday and I have only seen the orange cones so far. I have not seen a single traffic light or stop sign yet and I have gone through quite a few. I was hoping that I would get more driving visualizations, but only cones so far.

I just got the 2020.12.5 update yesterday and I have only seen the orange cones so far. I have not seen a single traffic light or stop sign yet and I have gone through quite a few. I was hoping that I would get more driving visualizations, but only cones so far.
Did you turn on the driving visualization preview in Autopilot settings?
Tap car icon on the bottom left
> Quick Controls
> Auto Pilot
Slide the screen up until you see CUSTOMIZE NAVIGATION ON AUTO PILOT
{Enable} FULLSelf-Driving Visualiztion Preview

• Informative
Reactions: lUtriaNt and JBT66
Did you turn on the driving visualization preview in Autopilot settings?
Tap car icon on the bottom left
> Quick Controls
> Auto Pilot
Slide the screen up until you see CUSTOMIZE NAVIGATION ON AUTO PILOT
{Enable} FULLSelf-Driving Visualiztion Preview
I don't have that option. Not sure why. I bought my car used and received the car on 3/11 and it came with 2020.4.1 FW. Not sure if the previous owner would have used the "Preview" before I took ownership or not, but I have gone form 2020.8.1 to 8.2 to 8.3 to 2020.12.5 and have not seen the Preview option at all.

Got the update yesterday and got to test out the new features. Thoughts:

Cone recognition on 2.5 non fsd- The cameras recognize anything but cones. Every fire hydrant, a street reflector, garbage can, or something similarly colored or sized is displayed as a cone. Seems like an unnecessary update for non fsd cars if it incorrectly displays cones. My real time screen now has cones 80% of the time. And not one of them are actually cones.

Sentry viewer- The thought of this is nice as having to view videos direct on the screen. However, you can tell it's still in its beta stages and isn't really useful at the moment. The clips skips and jumps around when you fast forward. Usually the event that triggered Sentry is located at the last 30 seconds of the clip. Pinpointing where you want to fast forward to is spotty. Sometimes it allows you to, sometimes it just jumps back. No one is going to sit there forever to find the trigger if it skips around. Until this gets fixed in a future update, I don't really see a real world use for this currently. It's also missing scrub when you fast forward. This would make finding the sentry trigger 100x easier.

I haven't tested out ap yet but it's disappointing phantom braking was introduced to the poster a few above mine. I was hoping it would get fixed as I've been experiencing phantom braking only from the last couple of updates.

So for those with a roadie, how do you get this to work? Before I updated the roadie software, the new Tesla viewer pulled my old roadie videos on the Tesla screen but wasn’t formatted for new dashcam or sentry mode recording. Once I updated the roadie software, the roadie started working ok on my phone and icons on the Tesla screen Too but it doesn’t pull any videos to the Tesla viewer, however they are on my phone in the roadie app. How do i get them to work in the Tesla viewer too?

The Tesla viewer only shows Saved videos and Sentry videos. It will not display the normal recordings. Is this what you're experiencing?

Got the update yesterday and fiddled with the dashcam/sentry clip viewer for a while. I’m seeing that the viewer seems to have trouble with the last thirty seconds or so of each 10 minute clip. I find that it often jumps to the next clip prematurely and I sometimes can’t get it to play all the way through the final minute. Never seen this issue with that web browser-based viewer, TeslaCam Video WebApp Player