Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I keep hearing that it’s exceptionally difficult to reach the tuner. Just this week, I pulled out my left sunroof motor which is located next the steering column. As I tucked my head in there, right next to it is the analog tuner. Completely accessible. It only took me about twenty minutes to get the motor out having never done it before. I can’t imagine it would take much longer to access the tuner. I hear there are a couple of screws that are a little difficult to reach.

If you haven’t read it yet, here is a first hand account of the difficulty reaching the AM/FM tuner.

I retrofit MCU2, IC2, Tuner2, and FSD Computer into my HW2.0 Car

Pressing the icon while driving only Saves most recent clips for viewing. Same as honking horn if you enabled that feature. And while parked, the Viewer for some reason can only access Sentry or Saved events. You can still find all Recent files by viewing on your PC.
TeslaCam Video WebApp Player
thanks a lot....I will try that....I have noticed that I dont have access to all files and sometimes when playing back in the car, it skips or leaves out some of the drive footage.....I hope they can fix these things.....I think people will really like it when if is running everything correctly.....I have an older iMac and I can't use it for playback except for the build in viewer.......on my new MacBook Pro, it works very well.....now just need new iPhone....but is it can work in car and on computer I guess I am ok with that.....but is an accident happens it maybe hard to show cops

If it states 8 available, then there are 8 working stalls available to customers. 12 is the # of stalls on site.
The failing one will be one of the other 3.

Pretty clear to me. KISS principle
This is not how it has been. Before the addition of the “broken” count, you could show up to notoriously bad supercharger sites (for me, examples would be Quartzsite, Indio, Cabazon) it would say 3 or 5 Available but all of them were the broken ones. Obviously not in use because they’re broken.

So it’s pretty clear to me exactly the opposite. So is this answer a guess or is there official Tesla documentation stating broken units are actually removed from the Available count?

Reactions: pilotSteve
I have tried this a zillion times with different brands. They all work for 15 minutes and it says disk fulll afterwards. I check usb afterwards and it only 3gb full on a 64 gb usb. Also everything is now read only on the usb. I then change it to write and put it back in and works again for 15 minutes and does the same thing. Only happen after 2020.8.1. Since then i have 2020.8.1.1 and now im on 2020.8.2 tested as well.
Happened to me after updating to 2020.12

after a short drive this morning I find the dash cam to function pretty well.....when I play back on my 2019 MacBook Pro using the Sentry Viewer, all four cameras are shown......the only issue is that it does not appear to capture all the the video on some drives.......there is a break in the video.....it is as if it turns off then starts back up......my drive was 34 minutes long and consisted of 1 stop......when I viewed this drive there was a 22 minute time frame missing fir the drive.......anyone else experiencing this type issue

But what would you replace it with? The digital tuner that Tesla uses in MCU2 cars will not fit the bracket the analog tuner is in, and there are reportedly incompatibilities in the wiring harness, too. It can be done. It has been done, but you cannot conclude that it’s a simple task just because the analog tuner is accessible
I was refuting that it was difficult to access the tuner.

One additional (apparent) thing this update did for me:

Brand-new 2020 MS LR+; the inductive phone charger wasn't working. I had my first service appointment scheduled for today (car delivered with an inop fog lamp), so I added that on the list to have it looked at.

I got the software update on Friday. Lo & behold, the charger started working! I asked the tech today when he was here if I was nuts, or if the software update could have something to do with it. He said absolutely--even likely--could be related. Apparently every new software update also restarts all individual modules' firmware--and, if the module controlling the USB ports was having issues, even an unrelated software update could give it the kickstart it needed....

I'm still learning my new car--but loving every minute of it!

Well...mine installed last night.

Now summon (2016 refresh AP1) will not work from my key fob, my wife's key fob, or the app. I did the two button reboot, set and cycled all summon options on the screen. Oh well, I hope it magically fixes itself as I drive today.

Now summon (2016 refresh AP1) will not work from my key fob, my wife's key fob, or the app. I did the two button reboot, set and cycled all summon options on the screen. Oh well, I hope it magically fixes itself as I drive today.
You might look to see if Require Continuous Press is checked. If it is, try unchecking it.

Hi Gary,
>
> We wanted to follow up regarding the USB Drive Full issue that was reported. We are aware of this issue and are working on a fix. Unfortunately, we don't have a timeline for when the fix will be rolled out.
>
> Thank you for helping us accelerate the world's transition to sustainable energy.
>
> Best Regards,
> Robbie
>
> Robbie M. | Advanced Tesla Support
> 12832 Frontrunner Blvd., Draper, UT 84020
Yeah, sure.
I just got 2020.12.5 a few days ago and didn't know about this latest &^%^$ BUG Tesla let slip into the software. (don't you guys do ANY regression testing AT ALL???).
YOU may be aware of the problem, but your phone support group isn't. I just spent nearly an hour on the phone with them and they have no idea what's going on. They're trying to figure it out and will call me back. Maybe you should try some internal communications some times.

I'm really sick of the buggy updates and the constant take-aways from the older Model S's. You can probably tell how frustrated I am with Tesla's slip-shod software approach and their screw-the-past-customers attitude.

Reactions: KArnold
for some reason my car "shuts off" after I leave it.....nothing is on or running.......but Teslafi shows it trying to sleep......car woke up yesterday at 1645 for no reason at all........went to sleep at 1132......

what I have noticed is that driving in my neighborhood with cars parked in front of houses, none of the cars are showing up on the screen......I see the trash cans and warning markers but no cars.......anybody else notice this

Thanks for the update, Tesla!
  • My USB drive with 200+ GB of flac files is now inaccessible.
  • Keyfob summon went bye-bye.
Clearly the concept of "SQA" is lost on some. Move fast, break things, and screw your longtime, loyal customers... :mad:

Just installed 2020.12.5 today. 2014 MCU1, AP1, P85+. Keyfob summon does not work (either keyfob). I replaced the batteries in both a couple of weeks ago (so that's not it). If I press and hold the center button, the car locks, but nothing further happens. However, summon does work from the app (Android).

You might look to see if Require Continuous Press is checked. If it is, try unchecking it.
Weirdly enough, that option is gone from my summon config dialog. The car acts like Require Continuous Press is UNCHECKED for the app (no continuous press required), but CHECKED for the keyfob.

what I have noticed is that driving in my neighborhood with cars parked in front of houses, none of the cars are showing up on the screen......I see the trash cans and warning markers but no cars.......anybody else notice this

I'm new to Tesla MS. I never see cars in a parking lot or my neighbor's cars in their drive way. In fact I only see cars in the left and right ADJACENT lanes. I do see safety cones and trash cans along side of the road. I see the traffic lights but I wish they were bigger. I can hardly see if the light is green or red on my driver display so bigger is my only suggestion.

I'm new to Tesla MS. I never see cars in a parking lot or my neighbor's cars in their drive way. In fact I only see cars in the left and right ADJACENT lanes. I do see safety cones and trash cans along side of the road. I see the traffic lights but I wish they were bigger. I can hardly see if the light is green or red on my driver display so bigger is my only suggestion.
well i see bicycles and pedestrians on side of the road and in curb areas but no parked cars anymore......has the feature been deleted

Just installed 2020.12.5 today. 2014 MCU1, AP1, P85+. Keyfob summon does not work (either keyfob)

I wonder if they removed this functionality for some reason. Real release notes would be nice every so often.

Can anyone tell me how to play movies on the dashcam viewer like this?

The videos are really just MP4 files. I'm sure if you copy file into the appropriate directories on the USB stick, they will play. You may need to name the video files using some convention the player expects. Haven't tried this so no idea about audio though,