Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There should be a sticker on the inside of your driver-side door frame. The same one that has the recommended inflation pressures for your tires. On that sticker will be the month/yr of manufacture.

Excellent! Thank you, sir!

The car was built in Feb 2020. [...] I picture of the two USB devices is the first option under USB.

Mine's Mar 2020 (thanks to jorobsand), so not much different. Moot point, though: I just did some playing around, and apparently I was inserting thumb drives in a different order or something. I shut down all the way, put a second drive in, turned back on...

...and got exactly the screen you showed in your pic. Unsurprisingly, I was out to lunch on that, sorry for the confusion...!

YES! IT WORKS!

Can confirm, sat outside JoS. A Bank's for 2 hrs waiting for it to download and install and now have my 1TB SSD visible again! Stupid Sonicwall firewall is blocking my updates somehow...have tried disabling all security features *shrug* Tethering to phone works fine but no cell at the house!

Anyone else notice when downloading updates that it stops at 50% and sits there? I suspect it's unpacking the first of 2 parts because it eventually starts again and then again sits there before I get the clock...maybe more noticeable on MCU1 vs. MCU2...or maybe my eMMC is dying... :-/

Reactions: dark cloud
Anyone find that their wiper service mode doesn't work with this release?
Make sure the wipers are switched off first, then it works. It looks like the bug is that the on-screen "switch" in the service menu will show active (blue) when the wipers are not off (ie, on intermittent/low/high) without actually putting the wipers in service mode. In prior releases, the switch would not go active/blue unless the wipers were actually off.

On 4/27 I was updated to 2020.12.6 from 12.5. Big new change is the addition to refinements in navigate on autopilot and for stop signs and added traffic lights with brake control. I haven't tested yet.

The sentry viewer still has the playback bug where it doesn't play the entire recorded session.

Sorry if this has been solved, but I thought I'd contribute my experience. 2017 MS 75D. Lost USB player. Rebooted several times, tried 3 different drives, no luck. Called Tesla service, answered 100 questions and they said they would get back to me. 2 week later I texted them. They scheduled an on site visit. The next day I had a text saying they were pushing software to me. I let it happen and it's back! Software is now 2020.12.10
I think:
1. they know about the problem
2. they have a fix and it's OTA
3. they respond better to texting (through the app)

Reactions: GlmnAlyAirCar
Sorry if this has been solved, but I thought I'd contribute my experience. 2017 MS 75D. Lost USB player. Rebooted several times, tried 3 different drives, no luck. Called Tesla service, answered 100 questions and they said they would get back to me. 2 week later I texted them. They scheduled an on site visit. The next day I had a text saying they were pushing software to me. I let it happen and it's back! Software is now 2020.12.10
I think:
1. they know about the problem
2. they have a fix and it's OTA
3. they respond better to texting (through the app)
How do you text them through the app?
All I can do is schedule service.
Roadside assistance tab has nothing useful, nor does the Upgrades tab.

Reactions: eidco
I tried scheduling an appointment to fix the loss of playing media via USB. I got a message the same day that this is a known issue asking me to cancel the appointment. I would receive the update as soon as it is available. I did cancel, but I have not received an update for my 2015 P85/90D.

2020.12.11.5 fixes USB on AP1

6B619813-CC39-4AA6-8423-857618769BBD.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: tga