Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020.12.6 update...????

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ll try to use it as much as possible to help Tesla gather data to improve the product but it’s nice to know disabling it can return the +5 auto steer functionality.

If we want these products to improve, we should ALL use them as much as possible to give Tesla the data to improve the algorithm. This is Tesla’s competitive advantage in the marketplace... the hundreds of thousands of sensors we are driving to help get to FSD faster.

Reactions: mikes_fsd
Downloaded yesterday. I live in a congested area and tried it with stop lights and signs that are only a couple 100 feet apart at times. It would launch itself too quickly in standard mode and I think it was better in Chill mode. I'll keep playing with it. With traffic down, it's a perfect time to test this out.

Got the software. With autopilot the speed limit is so low, unless you are in bumper to bumper it's kind of useless. With TACC it's helpful but hitting the stalk or gas pedal is annoying/tiring after a little while. Like if you are in traffic, you actually intervene less if you have stop light mode off and sit behind a car the whole time and stop behind it. It's more relaxing to just not have this mode on.

When they get rid of requiring confirmation it will be useful. For now, I tried it for about 20 minutes and then turned it off.

What's the deal with the lack of 5mph over the speed limit? Drivers behind you love to tail the bumper more now. It about makes it not worth using A/P
On secondary roads, you can use the pedal to make the car go 5 mph over the limit and it will still auto steer. It is a good idea to always have your foot hovering over the accelerator pedal anyway, just so you are ready to take over if the car slows for no reason or if you need to stop suddenly, your foot will be ready to hit the brake. Autopilot only sticks to the speed limit on secondary roads, it will go faster on divided highways.

It is not a hazard if it drives at the speed limit....
Spoken like someone who has just driven in smaller cities with obedient drivers :). Once you start driving in the really large cities all over the world you will understand that you can sometimes feel scared driving 10 MPH over the speed limit when everyone else is going 15 to 20 MPH over the speed limit. Different cultures, different rules (or no rules, if you will :)