Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020.12 on the way

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Release notes are the same, so under lying bug fixes. Maybe different outside US once rolling

37DFBF4C-AE79-4D3E-827D-0A7EEBC6131E.jpeg

upload_2020-3-13_20-7-13.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2020-3-13_20-7-13.png
    upload_2020-3-13_20-7-13.png
    311 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
I had BT problems and had to remove and re install iPhone, (tried soft reset, made no difference) and I have a USB memory stick plugged in with music on it, and it keeps disappearing and I have to unplug and re-insert to get it to read it again.

My car j(AP1 MS) received 2020.8.1 an hour ago - 43 days since the previous update.

Is this different to 2020.8?

Anything of note for AP1?

** Update - only 4 other MS70Ds on 2020.8.1 and there doesn't seem to be a previous version of 2020.8. Not yet sure if that's good or bad!

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: cezdoc
So far, I haven’t received either the 2020.8 or 2020.12 updates for my LR AWD. I have the FSD option and was usually getting the software updates quite promptly when they rolled in UK - anyone else here with a LR AWD still waiting? I am not in a rush to see rubbish bin visualisations but the improved Bluetooth connection that only starts when you sit down and shut the door would be useful.
Even though I have not got these recent updates however I have noticed recently a huge improvement in the performance of voice commands - now seems to be working pretty well, so something has changed that didn’t depend on the latest software update.

So far, I haven’t received either the 2020.8 or 2020.12 updates for my LR AWD. I have the FSD option and was usually getting the software updates quite promptly when they rolled in UK - anyone else here with a LR AWD still waiting? I am not in a rush to see rubbish bin visualisations but the improved Bluetooth connection that only starts when you sit down and shut the door would be useful.
Even though I have not got these recent updates however I have noticed recently a huge improvement in the performance of voice commands - now seems to be working pretty well, so something has changed that didn’t depend on the latest software update.

Same but SR+. Usually with 24 hours of wide distribution on the big ones (not the .X.10 ones). Very unusual. I’m waiting to see how it goes with 2020.12 as that hasn’t started rolling out in the UK at all. Glad it’s not just me though!

have noticed recently a huge improvement in the performance of voice commands - now seems to be working pretty well, so something has changed that didn’t depend on the latest software update.

I have always maintained that a big chunk of the issues were server-side / cloud based. I have seen new issues with voice commands since 8.1 installed. It looks like the server side is working pretty well, but how the car responds is still not very consistent.

I Checked this morning to see whether I had this new update and was surprised to find my car not responding in the Tesla app on the phone.
I Tried it again a short while later. Still absolutely no response from the car.Eventually took a walk down to the car. (I live in a flat) and popped the boot.
The car woke up quite happily and the app began responding correctly.

Not sure what happened there. But everything seems to working fine now. Although still waiting for.The update.

I had BT problems and had to remove and re install iPhone, (tried soft reset, made no difference) and I have a USB memory stick plugged in with music on it, and it keeps disappearing and I have to unplug and re-insert to get it to read it again.
I had problems getting my phone to play music via Bluetooth on Friday (updated earlier in the week to 2020.8.1). Did a soft reset of the display and that seemed to fix it. Not sure if it is related to 2020.8.1 or "just one of those things".

I have LR AWD, 2020.8 installed last week..... no issues noted so far.

3 problems reported since 2020.8
Alarms and supposed steering correction interventions on country roads.
No dashcam. Sentry reports events but doesn’t record them.
And the latest - SOS eCall needs service warning. .

Anyone else had all 3 of these? Will .12 fix them?