Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020.12 out

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2020.12 received, previous version was 2020.4.1 on an MCU1/AP2 model S 90D. Release notes below.

IMG_0210.jpg

Finally got this update last night, my first since 2019.40. Had to call Tesla to get them to push it.

The texting feature is nice. Haven't noticed much else yet. I did get some spooky headlight flashing during the update though. For a second I thought someone had broken into my garage. :eek:

Rory, u r first person I've seen who ever mentioned the crazy STOPS, it happens at least once a day backing up in parking lot.
It really jerks into Park.
Jerking into park is a different thing. It means you do not have your seat belt on and are getting off the seat. It will automatically drop into Park when it notices those conditions.

Jerking into park is a different thing. It means you do not have your seat belt on and are getting off the seat. It will automatically drop into Park when it notices those conditions.
Agreed. I have NEVER seen the crazy stop and jerk into park (going forwards or backwards), but I have a habit over 30 years old from the military...vehicle (car, plane, whatever) never moves one inch until a seatbelt is on, even if just backing it out of the garage.

Reactions: KerryOH
Are the 3rd party charging station locations stored on Tesla's server so that they are downloaded along with the map data while you are driving? I.e. Tesla can add new stations and they become visible immediately, without car SW update.

Anyone notice power is improved with this update?

I have a awd s75d 2016 w ap2. I think the performance had gone down at one point with recent updates the car had felt sluggish on acceleration but now it’s improved back to how it used to be.

Anyone notice power is improved with this update?

I have a awd s75d 2016 w ap2. I think the performance had gone down at one point with recent updates the car had felt sluggish on acceleration but now it’s improved back to how it used to be.
Well I don't know about that. You might be right, OR the same thing might be happening to you as what happened to me. I had mine in Granny mode (Chill) before the update and right after the update, it defaulted me back to normal mode which of course feels like more power. Maybe this change in default setting was unique to me, but not sure. It might be affecting others. Bottom line, for me, there is no noticeable change in power.

That’s because your seatbelt isn’t on and you’re lifting your butt off the seat as you turn around to look behind you

I find this super annoying and total micro-managing by the car! Party because the night rear view camera is so abysmal on late models, and because the mirrors are all dimmed, I often want to wind the window down and stick my head out to see for real what's going on 'out there'. Of course, the moment I do that, the car slams into park. Really annoying and pointless.

Americans don't reverse? 'Into the void!' .

Last edited: