Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020.12 Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've seen no issues like the above on my LR+ X with 2020.12, but didn't really see any either with 2020.4 before that. Brian, that is odd you were having those issues with EAP; my EAP objectively drives better than I can (in terms of keeping perfectly centered between the lines). It's really amazing tech!

In this experience, auto-lane change for a faster lane happened while NoA was supposedly disabled (twin blue lines on display).
While it is certainly feasible that this did happen, in which case it would be a bug, it is also feasible that you triggered the lane change with your turn signal out of habit and didn't even realize you'd done it.

ETA: In case you are unaware, you no longer have to push the signal to the second extent for lane changes in S and X. IOW, the same half press that would confirm a NoA lane change (if you have it set for confirmation) would trigger a user-initiated auto lane change.

While it is certainly feasible that this did happen, in which case it would be a bug, it is also feasible that you triggered the lane change with your turn signal out of habit and didn't even realize you'd done it.

ETA: In case you are unaware, you no longer have to push the signal to the second extent for lane changes in S and X. IOW, the same half press that would confirm a NoA lane change (if you have it set for confirmation) would trigger a user-initiated auto lane change.
I didn’t trigger the lane change. I remember seeing the display suggest a lane change to a faster lane & the vehicle did the change.