Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I installed mine today. I have AP2.5 MCU1, 2017 Model S.

If I'm not mistaken, when I installed 2020.8, I did NOT received the "3rd party charging stations on map" notification. Today, with 2020.12, I now have that notification in the release notes.

On March 10 I updated to 2020.8.1 and it was 963mb download. Today I got 2020.12 and it was 963 mb download. Seems like most of the updates last year have been in the 500mb range. Maybe this will be the new average size.

No changes noted with 2020.12

• Informative
Reactions: OPRCE
definitely notice changes with Bluetooth connect and AP..car was dead center in the lane..I did 10 lane changes with no problems with it raining ..I know with the 2020.8 it was hesitating sometimes when doing lane changes ..that was fixed ..its slowing down more during a few off ramps i did ..i had to disconnect because had someone following closely and it was taking the off ramp a Little to slow ..but AP defiantly feels smoother

Reactions: OPRCE
Got this on a 2018 Model 3 RWD /HW3. Seems to have created a conflict with the Hansshow power trunk. Trunk was left open while unloading (maybe 5 minutes), car fell asleep or locked on walk away during this. Upon return, car alarm was set off when closing the trunk via the physical close button.

Might not be specific to 2020.12 but I’ve had the power trunk for a few months and used it in this scenario many times without this happening.

• Informative
Reactions: Skione65
Got this on a 2018 Model 3 RWD /HW3. Seems to have created a conflict with the Hansshow power trunk. Trunk was left open while unloading (maybe 5 minutes), car fell asleep or locked on walk away during this. Upon return, car alarm was set off when closing the trunk via the physical close button.

Might not be specific to 2020.12 but I’ve had the power trunk for a few months and used it in this scenario many times without this happening.

@woodisgood,

Keep us updated. I’ll let you know if I have any issues. One thought....can you “reproduce” the same issue? Or was it a one off? That would be valuable.

Ski

@woodisgood,

Keep us updated. I’ll let you know if I have any issues. One thought....can you “reproduce” the same issue? Or was it a one off? That would be valuable.

Ski

I’ll test more when I have a chance. Part of the issue is I was at a “favorite” location where previously, Sentry Mode would not be enabled. After HW3 upgrade, everything gets wiped. So maybe the same thing could have happened previously given how the status of the Hansshow trunk is “always closed.” Alternatively, something may have changed in Bluetooth detection in this software update whereby the car didn’t sense my phone’s presence and “unlock” before I hit the trunk button.

Reactions: Skione65
I talked to a few Service Center and Mobile Service techs, as well as one field tech, and they all voiced concern with these aftermarket trunk/frunk and soft-close door kits... especially the ones that splice into any of the CAN buses... but even the ones that don't and just tap power sources.

Eventually, with more updates v10.x, v11, etc - they said there is high probability the kits will fail to function, introduce CAN gremlins, noise or cause some other type undesired behavior.

Everyone's MMV, but they recommended staying away.

We already see lots of CAN messaging logger breaking changes with each new build, especially with base version upgrades (v8, v9, v10, v10.2), this might be collateral damage and not as easy to fix.