Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020.16.2.1 killed my LTE connection

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those interested - It would seem this is the card that Tesla is expecting to be impacted (assuming by the 2020.16.2.1 update that killed my LTE connectivity)

FUSED,TST&CONFIG CONNECTIVITY CARD,NA
Part #: 1521914-S2-B

Attached is the email notification that I received from Tesla:

Yeah, I received the same e-mail. My appointment is on Friday.

Yeah, I received the same e-mail. My appointment is on Friday.

Well I have good news and bad news.

1st the good news. Tesla pinged me asking if they could come out today, and they did.
Mobile service was awesome and got to my house at 8 am this morning.

2nd the bad news. Mobile ended up making sure there was no issue with my car, by first fully power cycling it.
After that they said - yup need to change out the card. They end up pulling it out and replacing the communication card.
They plugged in their laptop into the car, but unfortunately after working on the car for over an hour trying to get the new board to connect to cellular he had to give up. He believes they will need to swap out our HW3 computer entirely and will have to do that through the service center.
He will be making his report, and said that Tesla Service should be contacting me later today to make an appointee to have that done.

So bummer - will have to make another appointment to swap out our HW3 computer.

squash1978, I hope yours goes better than mine.

Exactly what symptoms should I be looking for (I accidentally let the update occur) and I am just above 1400 in the 2017 VIN ?

In a Nutshell - In the picture.
But symptoms is that there is no connectivity, no streaming, inability to use Google, inability to use nav via voice, routing does not include traffic updates, you cannot remote summon, you cannot remotely connect to car, etc. Anything that uses the Cellular LTE connection stops working.

Attachments

• LTE Issue.png
    LTE Issue.png
    2 MB · Views: 126
Well I have good news and bad news.

1st the good news. Tesla pinged me asking if they could come out today, and they did.
Mobile service was awesome and got to my house at 8 am this morning.

2nd the bad news. Mobile ended up making sure there was no issue with my car, by first fully power cycling it.
After that they said - yup need to change out the card. They end up pulling it out and replacing the communication card.
They plugged in their laptop into the car, but unfortunately after working on the car for over an hour trying to get the new board to connect to cellular he had to give up. He believes they will need to swap out our HW3 computer entirely and will have to do that through the service center.
He will be making his report, and said that Tesla Service should be contacting me later today to make an appointee to have that done.

So bummer - will have to make another appointment to swap out our HW3 computer.

squash1978, I hope yours goes better than mine.

That sucks. I had no issue with my service. Dropped my car off at the service center at 9 am and it was ready to pick up by 12 pm. All fixed now.

That is great to hear. Hopefully my Service Visit (Scheduled for Wednesday 6/17) will work out the same. I am sure it will.

Edit: Did they change out your HW3 computer, or something else?
That is great to hear. Hopefully my Service Visit (Scheduled for Wednesday 6/17) will work out the same. I am sure it will.

Edit: Did they change out your HW3 computer, or something else?

No, looks like they just replaced the connectivity board

IMG_5787.jpg

Last edited:
M3P - Brand new - No LTE

I'm so glad I stumbled upon this thread. I picked up my brand new M3P on 11/6 here in the UK and have had no LTE since (although I do wonder if two software updates as I got it, killed the LTE)

Booked into the service centre on 29/6 after much effort fighting Tesla for a slot. They need the car for the whole day they say. Been told it will be a modem reflash but I wonder if they know it is toast and needs a new board.

Will keep you folks updated.

M3P - Brand new - No LTE
Will keep you folks updated.

Finally got mine fixed on Friday. Service Center had it for a few hours, and ended up replacing the connectivity board as well.
The service guy was very helpful. Unfortunately the card that was ordered was an incorrect one (ordered one for the 2.5 computer), so the guy took one out of a new FSD (HW3) computer and used it on mine.

Hope yours gets fixed quickly.

Finally got mine fixed on Friday. Service Center had it for a few hours, and ended up replacing the connectivity board as well.
The service guy was very helpful. Unfortunately the card that was ordered was an incorrect one (ordered one for the 2.5 computer), so the guy took one out of a new FSD (HW3) computer and used it on mine.

Hope yours gets fixed quickly.

Thanks for the update! Perhaps that is what happened to mine! Went as a donor to someone else :(

I'm the OP on this thread, and my problem is also resolved. A couple weeks ago, mobile service came out, but they were unable to resolve. Ultimately I booked an appointment in the service center. It took the Service Center two days, but ultimately, they reflashed the LTE modem and everything appears to be working now.

I'm glad others were able to get their issues resolved as well.

I'm the OP on this thread, and my problem is also resolved. A couple weeks ago, mobile service came out, but they were unable to resolve. Ultimately I booked an appointment in the service center. It took the Service Center two days, but ultimately, they reflashed the LTE modem and everything appears to be working now.

I'm glad others were able to get their issues resolved as well.

Sweet! Glad you are back working as well.

had the connectivity board replaced like some of the other folks in this thread and it fixed the issue, reflashing the modem didn't work. thank you for posting the part number! my service center ordered it just in case it was indeed the issue, and by the time the service appointment came around, the shop was equipped and ready to go.

Reactions: TM3P1
Turns out mine DOA from the factory just needed a modem reflash. Hopefully that’s the last of that problem.

Checked and found no LTE signal present in vehicle. Checked and found modem crashed causing issue. Reflashed modem as required and LTE has now recovered. System working as intended.

Correction: General Diagnosis
Correction: SIM Card - Car Computer (Remove & Replace)