Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020.16.3 Software Update is out

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got our car today. Came loaded with 2020.11.103. I've got a 3 so it'll be interesting see when they're matched up which one gets updated first from then on out. Her Model Y does NOT want to do a reset... maybe it's new car jitters but I've asked nicely. Using the Power Off option right now to try to reset

I sat in my Model Y during the entire update sequence and I will say 2020.16.3 is more than just minor stuff. All the electronic control units were updated creating quite an eventful experience. Lots of interesting noises as the control units and power shuts down, resets and updates. Sounded like large main circuit breakers popping and resetting and all sorts of other whirring and whining noises. Loved every minute of it!!!!

I sat in my Model Y during the entire update sequence and I will say 2020.16.3 is more than just minor stuff. All the electronic control units were updated creating quite an eventful experience. Lots of interesting noises as the control units and power shuts down, resets and updates. Sounded like large main circuit breakers popping and resetting and all sorts of other whirring and whining noises. Loved every minute of it!!!!

Don’t get too excited, that’s happened the last two or three updates for me.

Don’t get too excited, that’s happened the last two or three updates for me.

The loud click/clack is the high voltage contractors touching the battery pack. It’s the same noise you hear when you wake the car up after it’s been sleeping. Other noises could just be the car moving the coolant around. All normal noises. When a new update hits all it’s changing is the software, just so happens that the car has to reset it’s self so it goes through it’s procedures which is all the noises.

I’m usually in bed or on our comfy Lovesac sofa when we update. The latter was true for 2020.16.3. You mean I have to try to sit in the car for one of these??

Has software been updated to allow toggling of wheel size if you swap out stock rims?
I believe this was done sometime in an update last year. Go to the SERVICE option. Should read WHEEL CONFIGURATION, next to the TPMS button.
image.jpg

I think you mean 2020.16.2.1. I don't think it's been out even a month. By the way, it's labeled by YEAR.WEEK.REVISION. So they started writing the version at the end of April.
No, it was 10.2 2020.26.2.1. Checked it 3 times. The Model y did do an update that is now the 16.2.1. Knowing what the numbers mean I realized something was amiss.