Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020.16 and Stop Sign and Stop Light Recognition

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I like the stop sign and stop light recognition software. It works well and is intutive in its commands. You certainly have to pay attention or you’ll stop at green lights. At least for now.

My concern is that when enabled, this version limits your maximium non-highway cruise control speed to the actual speed limit, not the 5 mph over the limit that applies if the feature is not enabled.

Where I live, the speed limits seem intentionally set to 10 mph below what the police actually expect you to drive, so driving the speed limit is just too slow. I’ve turned off the setting for now. I know it’s early stages and hope the 5 mph above speed limit will be permitted in this mode in the near future.

I’ve never started a Forum before and apologize if there’s a better place to start this discussion, If there is, please let me know where that is.

I've noticed that it does enable you to exceed the speed limit in some cases. But not the norm. There are some roads where driving the speed limit is aggravating for sure. I try to balance that with our increased efficiency! Like you,I am really enjoying this step to FSD. Very intuitive implementation.

Hey Beavertail! Originally from NK. Anyway, yes it does seem like it depends on the road. This past weekend I was driving on a road with a 30 mph limit and it would not allow me to exceed. Later that day I was a 45 mph road and it allowed me to go to 50. On both cases, autosteer was engaged.

Reactions: empiredown
Hi Riguy! I had seen some of your other posts and figured you might be from heah. Naak, yes, I agree, but I love autosteer and it's what, twice as safe as self steering based on Tesla data? I'm probably using autosteer 90% of the time, so hoping for a future with fewer tradeoffs. I'll confess I was angry when the autosteer max speed went from 10 mph over the limit to 5 mph, but I learned to live with it. I still don't excuse RI for double-think ridiculous speed limits. I think it erodes confidence in government when speed limits seem ridiculously low and you know no one will stop you for going 10 mph faster. A better system would be realistic speed limits that were enforced and obeyed.

Just looking at it , maybe the car must be in Park position to activate or disable .
I've tried it but it seems a nuisance when you encounter a green light .
Correct, setting can only be changed in Park.

I disabled it for the same reason, too many traffic lights here. Once it doesn't prompt you to acknowledge each light it would be useful (and possible indicate that it will stop for a red light in time to stop yourself if needed in case it fails to detect the red light).