Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020.16 rolling

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Its only in last few months I have come across TeslaScope largely down to these posts and early scoop on rollout. Do you think that there are people on Early Access Program (EAP) who are signed up with TeslaScope? I believe that its part of the EAP NDA not to sign up to the likes of TeslaFi, but wondering if its just a couple of rogue EAP vehicles or whether there is something different about TeslaScope that makes the NDA less prohibitive?

Reactions: drewpost
Is it an illusion, or is there a pattern of late patches to the current released branch, followed immediately by a new branch? 20.12.11.x are going wide, and 20.16 hits initial public visibility. Seems to have been like this for all the 2020 releases.

Its only in last few months I have come across TeslaScope largely down to these posts and early scoop on rollout. Do you think that there are people on Early Access Program (EAP) who are signed up with TeslaScope? I believe that its part of the EAP NDA not to sign up to the likes of TeslaFi, but wondering if its just a couple of rogue EAP vehicles or whether there is something different about TeslaScope that makes the NDA less prohibitive?
Yeah they’ve already said if any EAP owners want to continue to use TeslaScope, but not share rollout publicly, then to contact them.

4A6245F1-01AE-4675-BF4D-3E27D1C0364A.jpeg

Last edited:

As @CMc1 kindly shared, we're working on ways to allow for EAP individuals to be able to continue using Teslascope and be more mindful of Tesla's NDAs. We were given some casual insight by a Tesla employee that the main concern with third parties (in regard to EAP) was the reporting of early access versions. As such, we are the first (and only?) to allow for full exclusion from any software update logging. I've reached out to Tesla regarding this further to try to craft it to be in line with their expectations.

The function that saves the change in versions is disabled when this is toggled and thus allows for being more mindful to not inadvertently expose test versions publicly. This isn't something that we enforce although I have seen it used already.

--

Excited for 2020.16, whenever it goes into wide rollout.

Is it an illusion, or is there a pattern of late patches to the current released branch, followed immediately by a new branch? 20.12.11.x are going wide, and 20.16 hits initial public visibility. Seems to have been like this for all the 2020 releases.

Tesla often releases updates about every four weeks. Occasionally with an apparent more complex release, it goes 8 weeks. So 2020.16, could be followed by 2020.20 etc.

Some people track them all. Such as Model 3 firmware features table

Partial release notes

Someone just get 2020.16 OTA in China, From the update note, we know that:

1、Redesign the UI of Tesla toy-box;
2、Filter the charging station by Power;
3、Small improvement of map ;
4、You can Format the TeslaCam usb on the car , and it will create the TeslaCam folder;
5、Improve the BackgammonBlitz Game, The hardest mode is trained by Tesla AI 20 million times.

V2020.16 OTA You can format TeslaCam USB on the Tesla : teslamotors

Tesladri on Twitter

Last edited:
So, still after some release note shots... rather than just ad-hoc notes.

I must admit I would have been surprised if UK was getting latest major version on first day. By past performance, maybe this weekend but possibly later. A pretty dismal offering by looks of it, unless something more significant lurking further down - looking out for the autopilot rewrite, but that will be one to steer clear of (unintentional pun) so my temporary foray into advanced is very much back on standard.