Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020.16 rolling

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
API version changed from 7 to 8 as part of that update. Hopefully some useful additions will come to light over time.

upload_2020-5-30_12-26-31.png

Reactions: CMc1
Anyone had much chance to try out Autopilot yet? I know the US got a nav update, but this is promising 2020.20.1 I posted it here as later replies hinted that it was actually 2020.16.x where most of the improvements seem to have appeared. Not sure how much the next nav update will bring to the party - I suspect that will come along in time for traffic light updates, so Q3/Q4?

Anyone had much chance to try out Autopilot yet? I know the US got a nav update, but this is promising 2020.20.1 I posted it here as later replies hinted that it was actually 2020.16.x where most of the improvements seem to have appeared. Not sure how much the next nav update will bring to the party - I suspect that will come along in time for traffic light updates, so Q3/Q4?
Had a limited drive earlier and the car had hissy fit on a newly painted road earlier for me, so I don’t think AP has matured a whole lot during this update.

2020.16 nearly hit kerb so had to take over on a moderate corner (on a non-recommended A road so just testing). One thing I did notice on a previous corner was that the car appeared to make some small steering corrections (appropriately) as it went round. Previously I think it would have tended to set its course and either give up or commit to a significant correction. However, it was just after that "perceived improvement" in behaviour that it made a sufficiently poor attempt at the corner where I took over. Its excuse may be that there was a small joining junction on the left without a stop line and it seemed to dither over where the main road was going. From a human driver's perspective it was a very easy and obvious corner.

Reactions: MrBadger
2020.16 nearly hit kerb so had to take over on a moderate corner (on a non-recommended A road so just testing). One thing I did notice on a previous corner was that the car appeared to make some small steering corrections (appropriately) as it went round. Previously I think it would have tended to set its course and either give up or commit to a significant correction. However, it was just after that "perceived improvement" in behaviour that it made a sufficiently poor attempt at the corner where I took over. Its excuse may be that there was a small joining junction on the left without a stop line and it seemed to dither over where the main road was going. From a human driver's perspective it was a very easy and obvious corner.
I get that on the rural road I live on. There’s a big lay-by where tractors park. When there are tractors it’s a bit scary and the car hits the brakes. When it’s empty, the car thinks the road is much wider and heads part way into it. There are no road markings save for the main white line so it’s sort of understandable.

One thing I did notice on a previous corner was that the car appeared to make some small steering corrections (appropriately) as it went round. Previously I think it would have tended to set its course and either give up or commit to a significant correction. However, it was just after that "perceived improvement" in behaviour that it made a sufficiently poor attempt at the corner where I took over.

Its been reported elsewhere that the car seems to now make smaller and smoother incremental turns rather than jerking around corners. The latter is very apparent on constant radius curves such as intersections. So thats a positive move forward if confirmed further. It may help reduce the number of occurrences of having to take over on corners when lateral forces exceeded.

Reactions: Adopado
I’ve found generally AP tends to want to drive closer to the left than I would like it to. I’ve got a M3P so smacking the 20” wheels into a pothole is a constant worry, and they seem to be more prevalent towards the left of the carriageway where I live.

I wish there were some kind of adjustment setting for this.

Just my random 2p :)

Reactions: Adopado
I’ve found generally AP tends to want to drive closer to the left than I would like it to. I’ve got a M3P so smacking the 20” wheels into a pothole is a constant worry, and they seem to be more prevalent towards the left of the carriageway where I live.

I wish there were some kind of adjustment setting for this.

Just my random 2p :)
It's funny because I always drive too far to the right to protect my wheels!!