Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020.16 rolling

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm typing this simply to prompt Tesla to make a liar out of me...

No update here as yet - M3P no FSD

I jumped into our car, switched standard to advanced, got out and danced semi naked around my car wearing just a pink tutu, waving my wand whilst loudly chanting "give it to me Elon" - by the time I got back in, 2020.16.2.1 had started downloading. My wishes had been fulfilled.

I don't know which of that actually prompted it into action, but you will have best chance of it working if you perform all of them :D

I jumped into our car, switched standard to advanced, got out and danced semi naked around my car wearing just a pink tutu, waving my wand whilst loudly chanting "give it to me Elon" - by the time I got back in, 2020.16.2.1 had started downloading. My wishes had been fulfilled.

I don't know which of that actually prompted it into action, but you will have best chance of it working if you perform all of them :D
I bet you also secretely tapped the Advanced button 5 times! (Just incase!)

Just like your photo, my Cabin Overheat Protection was auto set to ON after update. I was unaware it’s been running this morning, until I heard the fans running!

NOTE TO ALL - I also noticed this after the update as i saw this message above and thought to check, so if you have yours off like i did, it for some reason has turned back on after update.

Well I have finally got my update, installed it and tested it. The animated people are better but don't really follow what the people are doing and also the thin ' cones' that you see in some carparks etc show up as they lookrather than the normal shape come. I didn't look at the improvements to the theatre but 1 issue I did have which may be coincidental was that the passenger side mirror stayed tilted down once I had finished reversing and put it in to drive. I also forgot to check if I could format the ssd.

Couple of issues...

• playing with new (maybe not this release) charge rate filters on nav, the map suddenly zoomed to The Nederlands. At first I was concerned that my GPS had failed (first time I had been in car since a SC visit), but the label at the bottom had my location correct.
  • Twice, I had a topup charge and both ended giving a charge failure message. I didn't capture it (I could go out and show historical events) but it was basically, charge failed, check equipment. My first thought was RCD had tripped on charger and I'm still none the wiser (bright sun, I couldn't see the status lights so just pressed reset), but I ended up power cycling charger. Second time I was sitting in the car and it did it. I paid more attention to the charger light and it was as I expected. I unplugged the car in the end. Now it could be extreme heat and charger not liking it, but its coincidental that its happen only on the first and only two topup charges on 2020.16.x.
An observation was that cabin overhear protection with A/C was enabled - I've never enabled this. I think this has been mentioned elsewhere.

A positive though, probably old news, but in response to my local radio station rebranding to non local service in September, so was looking at alternative sources. I found that I had, on limited test, almost seamless integration with my Tidal app on my iPhone. So another decent audio source.

Wife's car currently doing this
Screenshot_20200528-184439_Tesla.jpg

Well I guess if you've somehow managed to get HW2.5 on a UK spec model 3 then you've really not been having much luck lately... :)

I have a Model S, HW2.5 and I just pulled the SD card from my car and reviewed the past 3 months sentry files and saved clips. No zero length files and all the ones I reviewed were not garbled.

Excuse me if I didn't watch each and every file as there are rather a lot of them...

Back in the early days when the feature was first released I used to see occasional files that were partially obscured by video interference, but that looked more like a poor recording problem, not a file system problem, but those issues went away in one of the updates some time ago.

The other change I made months ago was to switch to an 'Endurance' spec SD card made for this sort of work.

So honestly it doesn't matter if you believe me or not, on my Model S, HW2.5 with the Endurance SD card I do not see the problems you are claiming to be 'known'.

1) I am not in the UK
2) I am talking about the Model 3
3) This is a well known issue with HW 2.5 Model 3.

Glad you don't have it. Don't extrapolate from your Model S to Model 3. I know enough Model 3 owners with this issue to know it's not just my car, or my storage medium.

I am now using a sandisk extreme SSD. I have tried endurance SD cards and high speed ones in different adapters. I have tried over a dozen different brands and speeds of USB sticks. I tried various SSDs. I tried formatting with Win7, Win10, linux, guiformat32.

• Twice, I had a topup charge and both ended giving a charge failure message. I didn't capture it (I could go out and show historical events) but it was basically, charge failed, check equipment. My first thought was RCD had tripped on charger and I'm still none the wiser (bright sun, I couldn't see the status lights so just pressed reset), but I ended up power cycling charger. Second time I was sitting in the car and it did it. I paid more attention to the charger light and it was as I expected. I unplugged the car in the end. Now it could be extreme heat and charger not liking it, but its coincidental that its happen only on the first and only two topup charges on 2020.16.x.
An observation was that cabin overhear protection with A/C was enabled - I've never enabled this. I think this has been mentioned elsewhere.

A positive though, probably old news, but in response to my local radio station rebranding to non local service in September, so was looking at alternative sources. I found that I had, on limited test, almost seamless integration with my Tidal app on my iPhone. So another decent audio source.
I too saw the charge failure/check equipment message this morning. Had never had it before. The UMC was plugged in but limit set 10% below charge level. The UMC had a blinking amber light, rather than the usual green. I unplugged but haven’t tested it again since.

• Informative
Reactions: MrBadger