Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020.20.12 being pushed out now (6/9/2020)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Received the 2020.20.12 & I feel that it is two steps backward in the FSD department. The 2020.20.16 & 2020.20.5 versions were a whole lot better than this!
Multiple instances where the car would initiate a lane change and then never follow through. I have the settings set where I do not need to verify the lane change. If I tapped the turn signal stalk, sometimes it would work but more times, it wouldn't.
Then there was the times I would be right beside a semi or would be in process of passing a semi and the turn signal would come on and the dash would ask me to verify a lane change!!
Where to? I am right beside the truck!!
Thank goodness the steering never attempted to complete the move or I would be in big trouble. On 4 lane interstate situations, the rest of the FSD worked great, just not auto lane changes.
When on FSD & in full construction sites, the car reported the speed limits but never observed them. 75 mph in a 45
On the open stretches of dual lane highways, the car did not report all of the available speed limit signs and never observed them. The car stayed on my chosen limit. In small towns, it did limit mph according to "some" speed limits signs but was not rock solid. These were places where the car would never allow me to drive over posted speeds. Now I can do 65 in a 30 posted zone while on adaptive cruise and in auto pilot.
The main thing I have noticed with this version is the braking is way smoother at stop lights while on cruise control but the FSD is really trashed

• Funny
Reactions: jroydog and Matsayz
I got 16.3 a couple days ago, but still no 20.12. I’ve been checking for updates daily, and have updates set to advanced.

Car is a 2020 Model 3 Performance, purchased a few weeks ago.

Keep it plugged in and connected to wifi. There’s no way to force it or reason as to why you get an update day of release or 10 days later... maybe tweet Elon but that’s it

• Informative
Reactions: f308gt4
Ok, phantom braking on the highway was still there, but the braking was more subtle. Where I noticed improvements was in stop-n-go driving. I noticed better responsiveness to vehicles it thought was intruding into its lane. It also maintained the set distance better and seemed to respond quicker to speed adjustments on the wheel and when moving from a stop. Braking was improved as well. It was also a lot smoother and less indecisive when going through stop lights. Decent update.

Last edited: