Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020.20.12 Release Notes?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
backup camera often comes up entirely black now and requires a brake+2 button reset to fix. this hasn't happened for me since early 2019

FWIW I hadn't had black backup cam in months- but first drive today on 2020.20.12 I got it when I got to work and went to back into a spot... but (as previous) it didn't require a reset to fix, just waiting like 5-10 seconds and then it came up on screen. Still, annoying step backward.

• Informative
Reactions: groovyd
With an iPhone you can force touch the Tesla app and it will tell you without waking it
Also accessible via the Tesla widget if installed. (Swipe left to right from the first home screen page)
If Tesla widget isn’t installed scroll to the bottom of the widgets and press edit, then Press the green +left of Tesla

• Informative
Reactions: davezforce
With an iPhone you can force touch the Tesla app and it will tell you without waking it

Also accessible via the Tesla widget if installed. (Swipe left to right from the first home screen page)
If Tesla widget isn’t installed scroll to the bottom of the widgets and press edit, then Press the green +left of Tesla

Thank you guys!

Thank you guys!
You’re welcome.
Beware of the fact that neither of these will work if the car you want to find out about is not already selected in the app. If you have more than one vehicle it will only show the selected vehicle. We have multiple selections by swiping Left/Right in a Tesla app, a model three or model S and a powerwall/solar system. No way to switch between the vehicles outside of the app for viewing sleep state. If my app has the powerwall selected (image below) then I get the message in the screenshot of the widget (also below.)
D3313508-C8D6-48E3-B122-AD7CC2802288.png

0BA51F4E-AA0C-4650-90C5-269A13B9DD0E.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: .FP. and X-pilot
You’re welcome.
Beware of the fact that neither of these will work if the car you want to find out about is not already selected in the app. If you have more than one vehicle it will only show the selected vehicle. We have multiple selections by swiping Left/Right in a Tesla app, a model three or model S and a powerwall/solar system. No way to switch between the vehicles outside of the app for viewing sleep state. If my app has the powerwall selected (image below) then I get the message in the screenshot of the widget (also below.)
View attachment 552635
View attachment 552634
Hey, off topic, but how do you like the power wall and tesla's solar system overall? Are you completely off the grid? If there's excess power generated, are you able to sell it back to the local power company?
Under performance, your system says 2% self powered, what's that mean?
If you want to PM me, that's cool. Sorry for all the novice questions.

@Daniellane Thanks!

Re: the Tesla widget -- it currently notes my vehicle as "Parked," is this the same, or a different status, than Sleep?

Thanks again

Hey, off topic, but how do you like the power wall and tesla's solar system overall? Are you completely off the grid? If there's excess power generated, are you able to sell it back to the local power company?
Under performance, your system says 2% self powered, what's that mean?
If you want to PM me, that's cool. Sorry for all the novice questions.
I posted this video on YouTube which may answer some of your questions. Watch it and then you can ask me anything and I’ll do my best to answer it.
Tesla Solar & Powerwall 2

Reactions: .FP.
@Daniellane Thanks!

Re: the Tesla widget -- it currently notes my vehicle as "Parked," is this the same, or a different status, than Sleep?

Thanks again
When I see “parked” I realize I forgot to plug it in the charger.
But if I were to guess that also is telling you that it’s not asleep. I have not confirmed this.
Basically it’s the same message that appears in the app near the top of the screen (see screenshot below)
So messages like “parked”, “charging complete” or “charging” and the amount of charging time remaining...In this example:
27871B26-BE74-4EE9-BC24-524E211832D8.jpeg
C0CC6534-E710-4880-8F7D-6A62F8A79BA0.jpeg

When I see “parked” I realize I forgot to plug it in the charger.
But if I were to guess that also is telling you that it’s not asleep. I have not confirmed this.
Basically it’s the same message that appears in the app near the top of the screen (see screenshot below)
So messages like “parked”, “charging complete” or “charging” and the amount of charging time remaining...In this example:
View attachment 555933 View attachment 555934

Got it -- thanks so much!

Reactions: Daniellane