Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And thy appears (in the picture) to be a divided hwy, which had never been held to any speed limit max (other than 90mph) on TACC or AutoPilot.

I can find the anomaly and do that too but not on the other 99.999% of off hwy driving

Good try tho ;)

lol, ok. First it was...

NOPE!!! Not true. Unless you aren’t using the traffic light setting ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Then you said it again...

Except TACC and pre-FSD HW3 “Traffic Light and Stop Sigh Control (Beta)” it was and STILL IS +5MPH. IF you enable “Traffic Light and Stop Sign Control” the maximum city (non-divided highways) setting is now Is a maximum of whatever the car thinks the speed limit signs are. NOT +5 ;) ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I clearly have the traffic light Stop setting enabled and going faster than the speed +5mph. So....

When we first received the traffic light update, the speed limit was maxed at +5mph on this same road. So that destroys your “divided highways had never been held to any speed limit max (other than 90mph)” BS. Unless you want to tell me that didn’t happen either, lol.

It’s clear you don’t know as much as you think you do...

You can keep going with this if you want, but you’ll only be arguing against your own statements. So if you choose to go down that rabbit hole, have fun with that.

• Funny
Reactions: boonedocks
I can understand some not using stop light / stop sign traffic control due to speed limit restriction and that might get you run off the road, as it’s not how the traffic drives. But the way I see it, now my brakes don’t get rusty or seized up from lack of use. For me I gradually like to coast / ease into a light when I see its red (ease up on the one pedal driving), and hopefully turn green before I stop. With this new feature it drives how’s you react if you got a yellow and you chicken out and not gun it.
For me this is perfect in the summer when you don’t have regen restrictions and you forget you even have a brake pedal

lol, ok. First it was...

Then you said it again...

I clearly have the traffic light Stop setting enabled and going faster than the speed +5mph. So....

When we first received the traffic light update, the speed limit was maxed at +5mph on this same road. So that destroys your “divided highways had never been held to any speed limit max (other than 90mph)” BS. Unless you want to tell me that didn’t happen either, lol.

It’s clear you don’t know as much as you think you do...

You can keep going with this if you want, but you’ll only be arguing against your own statements. So if you choose to go down that rabbit hole, have fun with that.
Sure your right. Lol lol mhmm

I got this update on Friday, used the "Traffic light and stop sign control" for about 20 mins over the weekend and have already shut the feature off.

The feature is not practical yet;

- Car is restricted to drive speed limit which is much slower than flow of traffic.
- It has too many prompts for input from me to approve going through every traffic light. This is like every 500-1000 yards in my area.
- I also worried about the wear on the confirmation stalk (P-R-D stalk) and tried the pedal push half the time.

Look forward to seeing this feature evolve before I go back to it.

Reactions: DrtyJrze
I got this update on Friday, used the "Traffic light and stop sign control" for about 20 mins over the weekend and have already shut the feature off.

- Car is restricted to drive speed limit which is much slower than flow of traffic.
- It has too many prompts for input from me to approve going through every traffic light. This is like every 500-1000 yards in my area.
- I also worried about the wear on the confirmation stalk (P-R-D stalk) and tried the pedal push half the time.

100% agree. Tho there are a few that took pictures on divided highways (which have never had even the "+5mph restriction") that will argue with you. You know, the ones that will argue with a stop sign :D:D;)

Agree. On a lot of roads going the speed limit can get you into a situation, not even worth using in those instances.

Did they adjust the nag time? When it first came out it was every 10 seconds. That bothered me more than the speed limit, tbh. They adjusted it to 17 seconds (Weird), which is a lot better. Highway always stayed at 30.

@boonedocks FWIW, I have seen the same behavior as @DrtyJrze ... every once in a while, seemingly at random on the same road, I am able to get AP to set to over the speed limit on a regular non-divided road. I wish I could figure out the 'trick' - every time it happens I try to step back through how I got there. I do think it has something to do with being over the limit when you engage, but again, I can't get 100% reliable repro steps.

One thing I noticed is that when it does happen, if I dis/re-engage, i lose it. So once there, the trick it not to disengage as long as possible.

Clearly it's a bug that it allows it at all, but it does indeed occur.

• Informative
Reactions: boonedocks
@boonedocks FWIW, I have seen the same behavior as @DrtyJrze ... every once in a while, seemingly at random on the same road, I am able to get AP to set to over the speed limit on a regular non-divided road. I wish I could figure out the 'trick' - every time it happens I try to step back through how I got there. I do think it has something to do with being over the limit when you engage, but again, I can't get 100% reliable repro steps.

One thing I noticed is that when it does happen, if I dis/re-engage, i lose it. So once there, the trick it not to disengage as long as possible.

Clearly it's a bug that it allows it at all, but it does indeed occur.

I agree 100%. I think the “lost in translation” with that guy was he was insinuating that the +5mph WAS the default for city roads with traffic light stop sign auto stopping which it absolutely was / is NOT. There are corner cases all over with Tesla but you can’t pick one and insinuate that it is the new norm. At lest the rest of us actually know how it works.