Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I gave up using the traffic light beta.
It was great for slow speed traffic, but it uses set distances that are not speed related, so its fine at 30-40, but on 60mph roads with traffic lights it brakes very aggressively not a comfortable driving experience at all. Even worse if you're trying to use the stalk for confirmation.
If I didn't have to put it in park to enable/disable I'd probably use it more.

Reactions: am_dmd
I gave up using the traffic light beta.
It was great for slow speed traffic, but it uses set distances that are not speed related, so its fine at 30-40, but on 60mph roads with traffic lights it brakes very aggressively not a comfortable driving experience at all. Even worse if you're trying to use the stalk for confirmation.
If I didn't have to put it in park to enable/disable I'd probably use it more.
I think you can make multiple profiles with different settings. Wouldn’t this allow you to make that change on the fly? Yes, a PITA, but possible.

MX was parked in my detached garage with a good 50ft away from key. This morning saw via app the car didn’t self lock and I lost 3% overnight. I’m assuming we’re back to a build that doesn’t allow car to sleep? Battery was plugged in so at least the constant 1 min top up bug got fixed.

Yes, US version is also restricted to the posted speed limit right now. Hopefully, that will change later when the feature matures more.

Just a heads up. Played around with it for awhile today. Speed limit limitation only on city streets and single lane highways. No limit on speed on divided highways...at least at 20 kmh difference anyway. I didn’t try it higher. Seems different highways have different limits.

May depend on which road you are using it. Even using regular AP there are couple roads where it doesn't restrict my max speed while on most others it restricts to 10 (km) over.

agree with this. Like most people I have the same route that I use to test the updates and see what, if any, changes there are.

Sometimes I’m on a concrete divided road and it will limit me to 5 mph. Other times I can go 15+. Same stretch of road. I can’t really figure out...

Only thing that has been consistent is that it can’t handle double stoplights (two close together in distance). It fails and disengages every time.

MX was parked in my detached garage with a good 50ft away from key. This morning saw via app the car didn’t self lock and I lost 3% overnight. I’m assuming we’re back to a build that doesn’t allow car to sleep? Battery was plugged in so at least the constant 1 min top up bug got fixed.

Update seems to have triggered the idle for ~45 minutes, sleep for ~15 minutes, and repeat bug for me. Insomnia since the update. Also had the 1 minute charging sessions 4 times last night.

Last edited:
Update seems to have triggered the idle for ~45 minutes, sleep for ~15 minutes, and repeat bug for me. Insomnia since the update. Also had the 1 minute charging sessions 4 times last night.

Is the car possibly trying to manage its temperature? We get the above on hot daytimes, but if its cool, the car sleeps nicely. 2020.16.x also bought in usable cabin overheat protection removing the exceptions to it running. Thats what confirmed the car being an insomniac in hot weather as since then you could then hear the fan running, previously it was just a quiet insomniac.

lol. Okay.

Yes, I’m lying, and posted about it when it happened JUST so I could reference it in the future and win the prize of...nothing.

You got me.

misinformed....maybe.....ignorant of the facts....definitely.....lying probably on purpose
0F207D7A-A1DD-43AE-A9AD-D5B5D5E1D6E8.jpeg

misinformed....maybe.....ignorant of the facts....definitely.....lying probably on purpose
View attachment 551410
The real explanation is everyone is right - we all get prizes :)
Tesla's docs say it is limited to the speed limit, but what they don't say is under what circumstances they ignore it.
Sometime I'd be doing 45 in a 40 and hit AP only have to carry on at 45, other times on the same road it would give the warning and slow down to 40. All on AP, not TACC.
Its just that Tesla allow a wide degree of "flexibility" for their speed limit rule.
Maybe its just more a guideline rather than something rigid like a code ;)

Reactions: Webeevdrivers
Tesla's docs say it is limited to the speed limit, but what they don't say is under what circumstances they ignore it.
Sometime I'd be doing 45 in a 40 and hit AP only have to carry on at 45, other times on the same road it would give the warning and slow down to 40. All on AP, not TACC.
Its just that Tesla allow a wide degree of "flexibility" for their speed limit rule.
Except TACC and pre-FSD HW3 “Traffic Light and Stop Sigh Control (Beta)” it was and STILL IS +5MPH. IF you enable “Traffic Light and Stop Sign Control” the maximum city (non-divided highways) setting is now Is a maximum of whatever the car thinks the speed limit signs are. NOT +5 ;) ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

285114B7-D5E3-4736-8F0C-1C52DD482CE8.jpeg

Except TACC and pre-FSD HW3 “Traffic Light and Stop Sigh Control (Beta)” it was and STILL IS +5MPH. IF you enable “Traffic Light and Stop Sign Control” the maximum city (non-divided highways) setting is now Is a maximum of whatever the car thinks the speed limit signs are. NOT +5 ;) ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I guess he’s right, my car is limited to +5MPH...

• Funny
Reactions: BEPA400