Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020, 2019, 2018 Model 3 Battery Capacities & Charging Constants

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Up until now MIC LR cars have had the BT38 75kwh LG battery. Well... Australia M3 LR cars are just appearing with a new BT43 battery code and 614kw WLTP range - the same as the BT42 / 82kwh battery. (There are also some BT38 mixed in if you go looking).

So it seems MIC LR production could be switching to the bigger battery at last.

As an aslide, SR+ battery codes have also changed to LFP1 from LFP0 - range is unchanged however at 445 km WLTP

(I know other people like using other battery codes, but when looking at inventory only the BT37, BT38, BT42, BT43, LFP0 etc codes are shown against the cars)

Reactions: AAKEE and jhnbssll
Up until now MIC LR cars have had the BT38 75kwh LG battery. Well... Australia M3 LR cars are just appearing with a new BT43 battery code and 614kw WLTP range - the same as the BT42 / 82kwh battery. (There are also some BT38 mixed in if you go looking).

So it seems MIC LR production could be switching to the bigger battery at last.

As an aslide, SR+ battery codes have also changed to LFP1 from LFP0 - range is unchanged however at 445 km WLTP

(I know other people like using other battery codes, but when looking at inventory only the BT37, BT38, BT42, BT43, LFP0 etc codes are shown against the cars)
Where do you find the code?

Where do you find the code?
If you look at the HTML of any inventory car on the Tesla website you'll see a string like..

ManufacturingOptionCodeList":"AD15,AF00,APFB,APH4,AU3P,BC3B,BT43,CDM0,CH15,COAU,DRRH,DV4W,FC02,FG31,FM3B,GLCN,HL32,HM30,ID3W,IL31

But I surf tesla-info.com that does all the hard work for you. I was looking for RHD MY in Aus (as the other RHD country) and spotted they had 2 different ranges for the same M3 car, the only time I'd seen that was in Europe when they had mixed Fremont and MIC M3 LR cars, but all the Aus ones seem to be China

Reactions: Empty tank
One of these days I will get around to updating the spreadsheet with the new constants but the proliferation of battery types in recent years makes this more difficult to stay on top of. Also there is little value, since other posts provide the info on how to calculate your vehicle constant if you wish.

One of these days I will get around to updating the spreadsheet with the new constants but the proliferation of battery types in recent years makes this more difficult to stay on top of. Also there is little value, since other posts provide the info on how to calculate your vehicle constant if you wish.
They've been pulled together here (although not including the two new codes I reported earlier).

I was looking for a table of constants but did not see one there in a very quick perusal. Sorry if I missed something.
Maybe I misundertand what you meant, but 2/3 of the way down that page they have all the model codes, battery codes, range in EPA and WLTP, Miles and KM, 0-60 times, and max speeds. If you wanted a table of data on cars/battery options, theres a lot there and all seems to be taken from Tesla's own data which you can cross reference any car you own against.

Maybe I misundertand what you meant, but 2/3 of the way down that page they have all the model codes, battery codes, range in EPA and WLTP, Miles and KM, 0-60 times, and max speeds. If you wanted a table of data on cars/battery options, theres a lot there and all seems to be taken from Tesla's own data which you can cross reference any car you own against.
Good spot - screen shot from one of the Aus cars currently on a boat to down under:

1634226971859.png

Not saying there is not good info there. The topic of this thread is the charging constants, which are very useful and allow abstraction away from all the other details (and are based on a degradation threshold chosen by Tesla and EPA rated miles).