Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just took my first ride with this update. Unfortunately it was raining hard so I didn't get to try very much...but it did go through green lights with a lead car.

With regard to the camera the notes say:
Backup Camera Improvements
You can now view video streams coming from your side repeater cameras for added visibility around the vehicle.
When the backup camera is visible, simply swipe to display the repeater camera video feeds​

I couldn't find any way to make this happen. Any ideas?

Just took my first ride with this update. Unfortunately it was raining hard so I didn't get to try very much...but it did go through green lights with a lead car.

With regard to the camera the notes say:
Backup Camera Improvements
You can now view video streams coming from your side repeater cameras for added visibility around the vehicle.
When the backup camera is visible, simply swipe to display the repeater camera video feeds​

I couldn't find any way to make this happen. Any ideas?

Just swipe up on the display when in reverse.

• Informative
  • Disagree
Reactions: Hoowzer and X-pilot
Just swipe up on the display when in reverse.

It is a swipe down in the S&X: Side Repeater Reverse View 2020.24.6.1

Here’s what it looks like when you enter reverse and swipe down to access the side repeater cameras:

2a132b8b-56f4-4655-8072-724db66270a2-jpeg.555911

I received the update today and I swiped to the side and the additional side views displayed. Very helpful. I also enabled the camera while I was driving and both side view cameras displayed which was fine with me.
I didn't try to remove them though.

Definitely liked the lock feature where you can now exclude your home location. As far as driving I didn't have enough time to give it a good workout.

I love (really love) the new rear view camera setup, much nicer with the two repeaters. It hangs on to the setting as well.
Really like being able to turn off walk away lock at home, much better
Other biggie is finally seeing where the sentry mode events are in video stream, so much easier to use rather than wading through hours of video. Almost no need to pull the USB out now unless there's footage I want to keep.
Haven't really tried the traffic light stuff again, yet. I'll give it another go to see. Looks like it still can't be turned off when moving which means I'll never turn if on.

The updated AP and traffic control system seems better to me in city streets, smoother, more confidence inducing. On a large main street, I was able to go +5mph as well, not sure if it was a fluke.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: croman
It's just not working for me even after doing a reset. When I swipe down the camera simply disappears. I feel like I must be missing something very basic Or it really doesn't work on mine).

According to this video, you need to be in full screen view to enable side repeater view on model S/X. Tap in the lower left corner of the camera view to go full screen, and then you will see a small down arrow below your camera view. Swipe down there to enable side repeater view.

one thing I did find.
I tried excluding home from walk away lock and couldn't get it to work.
You have to put the car in drive then back into park again before it takes effect. That was fun, driving forward then back with the garage door closed :D

• Helpful
Reactions: Seth2020