TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
  1. n.one.one

n.one.one Member

Just took my first ride with this update. Unfortunately it was raining hard so I didn't get to try very much...but it did go through green lights with a lead car.

With regard to the camera the notes say:
    Backup Camera Improvements
    You can now view video streams coming from your side repeater cameras for added visibility around the vehicle.
    When the backup camera is visible, simply swipe to display the repeater camera video feeds​

I couldn't find any way to make this happen. Any ideas?

2. RyanF

RyanF Member

Just swipe up on the display when in reverse.

• Informative x 1
  3. n.one.one

n.one.one Member

I had tried that (plus swiping left/right) but when I read your message i went out and tried it again...it didn't work for me.
    If it makes any difference mine is a 2020 MXLR+.

4. sperkin

sperkin Member

I'm a little disappointed that it didn't increase local roads to +10 mph over the speed limit. When you're driving the speed limit, you are the lead car. You are the pace car in your lane. Unfortunately stop light confirmation still pops up a lot as cars go around me and do 60mph while I'm doing 45mph.

• Like x 2
    • Informative x 1
    • Love x 1
  5. MP3Mike

MP3Mike Well-Known Member

Do the release notes say that it is a feature that you got?

6. MP3Mike

It is a swipe down in the S&X: Side Repeater Reverse View 2020.24.6.1

• Informative x 2
    • Like x 1
  7. n.one.one

n.one.one Member

It's just not working for me even after doing a reset. When I swipe down the camera simply disappears. I feel like I must be missing something very basic Or it really doesn't work on mine).

8. n.one.one

n.one.one Member

Yes...it's in my release notes.

9. captain_sahaj

captain_sahaj Member

Swipe down towards the bottom

10. MP3Mike

Where are you swiping? In the bottom center of the camera view? (I assume that there should be a down arrow where you should swipe.)

11. aronth5

aronth5 Long Time Follower

I received the update today and I swiped to the side and the additional side views displayed. Very helpful. I also enabled the camera while I was driving and both side view cameras displayed which was fine with me.
    I didn't try to remove them though.

Definitely liked the lock feature where you can now exclude your home location. As far as driving I didn't have enough time to give it a good workout.

• Love x 2
  12. Twiglett

Twiglett Single pedal driver

I love (really love) the new rear view camera setup, much nicer with the two repeaters. It hangs on to the setting as well.
    Really like being able to turn off walk away lock at home, much better
    Other biggie is finally seeing where the sentry mode events are in video stream, so much easier to use rather than wading through hours of video. Almost no need to pull the USB out now unless there's footage I want to keep.
    Haven't really tried the traffic light stuff again, yet. I'll give it another go to see. Looks like it still can't be turned off when moving which means I'll never turn if on.

• Like x 3
  13. powertoold

powertoold Active Member

#13 powertoold, Jun 24, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
    The updated AP and traffic control system seems better to me in city streets, smoother, more confidence inducing. On a large main street, I was able to go +5mph as well, not sure if it was a fluke.

• Informative x 1
  14. NateB

NateB Member

According to this video, you need to be in full screen view to enable side repeater view on model S/X. Tap in the lower left corner of the camera view to go full screen, and then you will see a small down arrow below your camera view. Swipe down there to enable side repeater view.

• Helpful x 3
  15. n.one.one

n.one.one Member

That was the solution...thanks.

16. Twiglett

Twiglett Single pedal driver

one thing I did find.
    I tried excluding home from walk away lock and couldn't get it to work.
    You have to put the car in drive then back into park again before it takes effect. That was fun, driving forward then back with the garage door closed :D

• Helpful x 1
  17. Pale_Rider

Pale_Rider Member

A little annoyed they covered up the button for the homelink stuff. I have my garage set to automatically close but I manually operate my security gate manually because I need to make sure the dogs are inside before I open it.

18. Waverider

Waverider Member

Just took my first drive with this software update and the UI crashed while i was driving. Both screens went black for about 2 minutes before it rebooted. First time that ever happened to me.

19. tranzndance

tranzndance Member

Do you have MCU 1 or 2?

20. Waverider

Waverider Member

2. 2019 Raven X