TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

2020.24.6.11 update slacker and Spotify loading error

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Vh6852, Jul 31, 2020 at 1:50 PM.

1. Vh6852

Vh6852 Member

My early 2016 S just got the 2020.24.6.11 update last night and now neither slacker nor Spotify will load. Only thing that works is the radio. I don’t ever use TuneIn, but that’s not loading consistently either. Anyone else? I have full bars of service.

2. croman

croman Active Member

That's what happened to me before the emmc failed in my MCU1. Does your Bluetooth work?

3. Zepman

Zepman Member

Just installed that update and my USB Audio no-longer reads HD Flac files (96K 192K), 44.1K is ok but now i get the dreaded loading error, when before the update all files would play

• Like x 1
  4. Merrill

Merrill Active Member

Same here on my music, lost the history and some music loads and others do not.

5. Rockwell

Rockwell Member

eMMC problems seems to be happening alot more with updates. Our team decided to compile a list to know the sign of a failing eMMC.

Attached Files:

• c2.jpg
      c2.jpg
      File size:
      1.1 MB
      Views:
    • Like x 1
  6. Vh6852

Vh6852 Member

I actually just had my failed MCU1 replaced a few months ago with a remanufactured MCU1. Sure hope it’s not about to happen again!

Yes, Bluetooth works.

On my way home music would randomly load in slacker and Spotify but drop again soon after.

7. DCEV

DCEV Member

:(

I've spent so much time curating my high definition lossless music collection and scrubbing all the ID tags clean.

Wish they would really focus on fixing up the music player. Both the Spotify and USB audio players have major usability issues that I hope they fix.

• Helpful x 1
    • Like x 1
  8. Nick70d

Nick70d Member

Sound like the update messed up the usb music file again.

• Like x 1
  9. f205v

f205v Member

Same here with USB. FLACs give error (not all of them, but frequently) MP3s are fine.

10. OVB1

OVB1 Member

Same issue with spotify, mcu1 refresh 2016. Did a reset, seems to have improved for now.

11. rsg123

rsg123 Member

MCU1 (repaired eMMC) here, no problems with Spotify or Slacker on 24.6.11

• Like x 1
  12. recluce

recluce Member

People, please post your experiences, including positive ones. This will help guys like me to decide if and when to apply this update (2016 S90D Pre-Facelift, MCU1 working just fine).

13. 4EVar

4EVar Member

12-2016 refresh model S. I've never had any issues with the mcu and it has just died. Spotify froze and so I rebooted and it never came back to life. I hadn't run a recent update.