Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020.24.6.11 update slacker and Spotify loading error

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My early 2016 S just got the 2020.24.6.11 update last night and now neither slacker nor Spotify will load. Only thing that works is the radio. I don’t ever use TuneIn, but that’s not loading consistently either. Anyone else? I have full bars of service.

eMMC problems seems to be happening alot more with updates. Our team decided to compile a list to know the sign of a failing eMMC.

Attachments

• c2.jpg
    c2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 121
Reactions: Cheburashka
That's what happened to me before the emmc failed in my MCU1. Does your Bluetooth work?

I actually just had my failed MCU1 replaced a few months ago with a remanufactured MCU1. Sure hope it’s not about to happen again!

Yes, Bluetooth works.

On my way home music would randomly load in slacker and Spotify but drop again soon after.

Just installed that update and my USB Audio no-longer reads HD Flac files (96K 192K), 44.1K is ok but now i get the dreaded loading error, when before the update all files would play

:(

I've spent so much time curating my high definition lossless music collection and scrubbing all the ID tags clean.

Wish they would really focus on fixing up the music player. Both the Spotify and USB audio players have major usability issues that I hope they fix.

MCU1 upgraded to 24.6.11 and was left with it locked up on the announcement screen. Reset and it came back, things seem to be working (USB music, mp3-only collection).

One new annoyance: when the USB music restarts (I.e., opening the door), the system spins on a Spotify screen. I don’t use and have never configured Spotify.

I plan on getting an eMMC replacement soon...

Same issue with spotify, mcu1 refresh 2016. Did a reset, seems to have improved for now.

I've had Spotify loading errors happening on a somewhat regular basis with MCu 2.0. It's like the SPotify music player gets disconnected and completely gives up trying to reconnect to get the next song or the current song. Sometime it is stuck playing the same song over and over when this happens. Other time it gives up playing any music and I need to switch to another audio source and back to Spotify and everything works so this is a bug.

These Spotify bugs have been around for years based on reports by those who've had Spotify in other countries prior to us and still no fixes. It's not like they are not aware of the Spotify bugs.

They just don't seem interested in fixing the Spotify or USB audio bugs for whatever reason. But yet they keep updating hardly used games and toys.

Reactions: Vh6852