Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020.24.6.4 !

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just went from 2020.20.12 to 2020.20.17 as well. 2019 Model 3 SR+. Hoping 2012.24.6.4 comes soon now.

Hope this update at least fixed the issue with the iphone audio not working.

In my experience bluetooth and wifi connectivity only continue to get worse with every update except this minor update seems to be a small regression on that theme. If you value connection stability best you somehow revert back to the middle of last year.

Obviously YMMV. That said I use my iPhone hotspot (T-Mobile) to download whenever I am disinclined to camp beside somewhere with a good wi-fi choice since I cannot have wi-fi in my communal garage. My downloads have usually been quite fast. 2020-The subject update 24.6.4 took me roughly 10 minutes to download and about the same time to install. I left the hotspot on during the installation although that probably really wasn't necessary.

IME using hotspots in numerous situations is that if you have a strong cellular signal and a decent phone the speed and reliability usually is very good. Without question that was not true two years ago. For anybody who has a 5G mobile device, even the poorest 5G will be almost as fast as most traditional wifi. I have zero personal 5G experience but plan to do so with my next phone upgrade.

totally agree LTE updates are essential for those of us who cannot simply install wifi into our condo or work parking decks. They really need to start doing delta updates to keep update data size down and accelerate download and installation of updates.

Reactions: lUtriaNt
Obviously YMMV. That said I use my iPhone hotspot (T-Mobile) to download whenever I am disinclined to camp beside somewhere with a good wi-fi choice since I cannot have wi-fi in my communal garage. My downloads have usually been quite fast. 2020-The subject update 24.6.4 took me roughly 10 minutes to download and about the same time to install. I left the hotspot on during the installation although that probably really wasn't necessary.

IME using hotspots in numerous situations is that if you have a strong cellular signal and a decent phone the speed and reliability usually is very good. Without question that was not true two years ago. For anybody who has a 5G mobile device, even the poorest 5G will be almost as fast as most traditional wifi. I have zero personal 5G experience but plan to do so with my next phone upgrade.

I think what you’ve been doing is the expected solution by Tesla. Until they start producing cars with 5G chips I don’t think we’ll see non-safety related updates over cell signal, it’s just too much data and probably messes up their contract with AT&T.

EV’s just aren’t compatible with apartment/high-rise dwellers just yet. I do hope that builders start changing that but I’m not holding my breath for 5-10yrs when the EV market starts to saturate.

But back to the topic of this thread...

Both my 3 & Y still stuck on 2020.20.12

Update:
Shizzzz getting 2020.20.17 now on the Y...

Downloading 2020.20.17 on the model 3 now

Nothing new compared to the previous update, could be a step before 2020.24.6 but who knows.

Fred

Not all updates are Nuke & Pave
Most are incremental, building on what’s already there.

Some contain code for other systems, radar, cameras, gateway, etc.

Telsa delivers 90k last quarter and with the numbers already on the road, times 20-30 minutes of downloading and updating, you should be at the front of the line ?

I have a May 2019 m3
I typically see updates 3 days after people Start reporting them here.

Usually if an update gets pulled Or a bug fix is slip streamed in I never see the first but get the second.

Since the Beginning of the year I’ve seen 12 revisions about one every two weeks.

I wish the patch updates at our server farms were that proactive.

0C7BBDC8-6DCA-4FE0-8956-6057D4BF9CD1.jpeg

I think what you’ve been doing is the expected solution by Tesla. Until they start producing cars with 5G chips I don’t think we’ll see non-safety related updates over cell signal, it’s just too much data and probably messes up their contract with AT&T.

EV’s just aren’t compatible with apartment/high-rise dwellers just yet. I do hope that builders start changing that but I’m not holding my breath for 5-10yrs when the EV market starts to saturate.

I'm one of those who is not paying for connectivity, but now that Tesla is charging for it, I don't see any reason why upgrades over wireless isn't an option now.

I disagreed with your post only because updates are really the only problem in most MFD today. In most of North America MFD there is now the capability to have charging in assigned parking spots. Even if that is impractical or impossible there are now fairly easy charging options in nearly all locations. I admit I am more optimistic than some because I see the improvements. When I was first driving Teslas there were few charging options. When I bought my own the nearest Supercharger was two hours away and my own location took me almost six months to arrange, and then at high cost. Today in the same building it takes a couple of weeks and modest cost. If that does not work there are still four urban superchargers in areas I go nearly every few days and level two at my doctor's office, my supermarkets, my pharmacy and both the malls I frequent.

Right now I do not think there are any significant limitations in owning an EV in most urban dwellings. It is different than ICE, but even for MFD, it is more convenient. Clearly there are some areas where that is not true.

Reactions: lUtriaNt
Got 2020.20.17 last night. 2020 M3P with March build date. After it finished installing, the screen was stuck on the version info screen. Had to do a reset by pressing in both buttons on the steering wheel. Now back to normal.

I’ve checked a couple times this morning, but no other update available. Damn.

• Informative
Reactions: Arctic_White
agree... seems Tesla software and regen capabilities should essentially exercise the required smarts in optimizing range without you having to play the 1970 gas car games with neutral.

You can certainly coast without putting the car in neutral. Just feather the accelerator pedal to the point there is no regen and no power sent to the wheels. TACC will do that if the grade is enough to keep you in the selected speed without applying any force on the wheels. If that's not the case coasting isn't really a good idea, as you either pick up speed or slow down annoying other drivers. Going for efficiency above all else is bad driving.

Last edited: