Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020.24.6.9; no more multiple partitions for dashcam and sentry?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have an ssd drive plugged in, with a FAT32 partition for TeslaCam, and an ext4 partition with a bunch of music.

updated to 2020.24.6.9 today.

tonight, I got in the car after a restaurant, and the car notified me there were 4 sentry mode incidents. when I tapped on the notice, though, it didn't show the video; nothing happened.

no dashcam icon at the top of screen at all anymore.

poking around in the menu, I found dashcam was grayed out, and it said "too many partitions detected; please reformat the drive using your computer".

it was working before the update.

I also noticed it won't detect the music files anymore; there is no more USB option in Music.

do I have to switch to FAT32 for music also? or what is going on here?

Reactions: lUtriaNt
a sure fire way to fix this would involve re-formatting/re-partitioning the drive and re-copying your data back to the drive. extra steps but perhaps the update tangled up something on your drive?

im a PC guy and I use old school Fat and have not had an issue with the car not seeing the song files nor video.

Well I unplugged the drive, plugged it into my computer, and everything looked normal, and plenty of free space. Plugged it back into car this morning and planned to reboot the car, but it recognized the drive and seems to work again.

• Funny
Well I unplugged the drive, plugged it into my computer, and everything looked normal, and plenty of free space. Plugged it back into car this morning and planned to reboot the car, but it recognized the drive and seems to work again.
Sorry I missed this earlier as I would have been happy to give the excellent IT advice I get all the time (but actually works 20% of the time): Did you unplug it, wait 60 seconds, and plug it back in and turn it on? Ha!

• Funny