TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by eddycrim, Jun 23, 2020.

1. eddycrim

eddycrim Member

Just updated my m3p FSD. Can confirm no stop light improvements in the release notes. Got

backup camera improvements
    Dashcam viewer improvements
    Tune in..
    Walk away door locks..
    New languages
    Cabin camera

not tried anything out yet. Shame to see nothing on the stop lights.

• Like x 6
  2. Durzel

Durzel Active Member

Nice, think you might be one of the first people to get it!

EDIT: Just woke my car up and no update notification :(

3. Dilly

Dilly Member

I hadn’t heard of a stop light issue. Is this purely an FSD problem?

4. NorfolkMustard

NorfolkMustard Active Member

Stopping at traffic lights are a new feature, only available in US, CAN, AUS, NZ currently. Some were hopeful we would get it in this version.

5. Dilly

Dilly Member

Aah, stop lights. I was thinking brake lights!

• Funny x 1
  6. VanillaAir_UK

VanillaAir_UK P plates

Will probably coincide with a map update too.

Potentially the last version before FSD (needed for traffic light stopping) price increase on 1 July. However we had meant to have one late last year but it never happened and only the US got it - will we get it? will we get a double catch-up whammy? If anyone on select (Model S and X) cars do not currently have autopilot in any shape or form (but I assume have the hardware), looks like some short term deals on autopilot and FSD.

• Like x 1
  7. ACarneiro

ACarneiro Member

Am I the only one who doesn't like stop lights?

8. jeremymc7

jeremymc7 Member

Wait, what?

Cabin camera. What’s the details on that!?!?

9. eddycrim

eddycrim Member

Sorry I was being super lazy typing on my phone with the list above.

Essentially if you read this (presumably american ) article we get everything APART from the "Stop light improvments"

What’s in Tesla’s software update 2020.24.6

10. Adopado

Adopado Active Member

It's so we can watch you on the Dark Web ... probably picking your nose if you're like the rest of us...

• Funny x 7
  11. jeremymc7

jeremymc7 Member

Was hoping it was for eye / face tracking (ala SuperCruise) to reduce or eliminate the amount of contact required mags with the steering wheel. Boo. Darn.

12. Dilly

Dilly Member

Nope. There’s a set of lights near me where if your first in the queue, the lights appear on screen with the appropriate colour as you draw near. But at the line, they’re too high for the camera to see them so all colours are grey and changes aren’t seen.
    Had a similar thing yesterday. Big junction, loads of lights, all seen but nearest set went grey when I got to the line.

13. Rustybkts

Rustybkts Member

Same with me. In the US the lights are always over the junction hanging on wires, I don't remember seeing any on poles alongside the stop line.
    The design of the cameras is a real problem for the way traffic lights are positioned in virtually every country apart from the US and its clones.

14. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney Well-Known Member

So it picks up and triggers off one set of lights, but can't switch to the set of lights you switch to when you're at the line?

15. Rustybkts

Rustybkts Member

Might be a bit confusing for the poor thing when you have multiple sets of traffic lights alongside each other when used for right turn lanes.

16. Plagued

Plagued Member

I may be cynical but it appears that the camera activation in the event of an accident is only to cover Tesla's back if someone crashes on autopilot/FSD. So they can prove that you were busy watching youtube on your phone while putting makeup on and trying to retrieve the bacon sandwich you just dropped down the side of the seat, rather than paying attention.
    If they said they were capturing data to enable a hands-off-wheel awareness system, I'd be turning it on as quick as I could.

• Like x 1
  17. Mr H

Mr H Member

I’ll have you know that I apply my makeup before getting in the car.....

• Funny x 5
  18. NorfolkMustard

NorfolkMustard Active Member

• Like x 2
  19. Dilly

Dilly Member

In my local setting, it’s just a two way street with the normal set of lights on either side of the road. A car length from the line it sees both sets properly. At the line it knows that they are there, but (I presume) can’t see the actual lights.

20. VanillaAir_UK

VanillaAir_UK P plates

#20 VanillaAir_UK, Jun 23, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2020
    Yep

All too easy to be fooled into thinking what you see on dashcam is it.

Thanks to @verygreen, we know Its not.

Currently, we only see the bottom 3 views plus rear. The top 3 add lots of extra field of view. I believe that most of the time, AP is only using main (bottom middle). As pillar cameras are behind the driver, theoretically if a driver can see something, position wise, pillar camera will have a chance of seeing it too. I don't know what their field of view are, but probably better than a human eye. They just cant swivel their head.

Screenshot (488).png

• Like x 1