Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone get any unexpected vampire drain whilst sleeping?

Car came off charge at 63% and I noticed it at 59%. Looks like 3% of that was in this 2-1/2 hour snooze, the remaining 1% quite possibly rounding. No sentry, around 15C so unlikely to be any conditioning. Of course, being asleep, nothing to see during that period.

Never had phantom drain I couldn't explain before so this is a first for me.

upload_2020-7-16_14-0-6.png

Anyone get any unexpected vampire drain whilst sleeping?

Car came off charge at 63% and I noticed it at 59%. Looks like 3% of that was in this 2-1/2 hour snooze, the remaining 1% quite possibly rounding. No sentry, around 15C so unlikely to be any conditioning. Of course, being asleep, nothing to see during that period.

Never had phantom drain I couldn't explain before so this is a first for me.

View attachment 565080

Huh? Look like I just got my 3% back. I could understand a 1% adjustment for cold battery difference or rounding, but I have no explanation where 3% would just materialise from.

Wondering if its a firmware change in behaviour? Or TeslaFi not keeping up with changes?

upload_2020-7-17_8-40-3.png

Huh? Look like I just got my 3% back. I could understand a 1% adjustment for cold battery difference or rounding, but I have no explanation where 3% would just materialise from.

I've seen that in the past and it was't related to software updates. I put it down to battery management recalibrating. In my own case that wouldn't be surprising because of not doing long trips recently and therefore not having the battery go through a wide range of percentages in the upper and lower ranges.

Reactions: MrBadger
Just got 24.9 which must be the perfect version of 24 just ahead of the imperfect version of 28 which I assume will come next week.
24.2 had fixed the phone audio bug For me which I had experienced. It does seem that the bugs are not universally experienced across the fleet.

hi all, does anyone experience slow door unlock via bluetooth? It used to work fine but nowadays I have to wait for the car to wake up before gracefully opens the door.

Yes, I find it a bit patchy too. I think it mostly depends on how deep the sleep is! Sometimes it's quick and other times there is a delay. Responsiveness also seems to vary with update versions. I'm not the biggest fan of smart phone auto opening ... I never had a problem with clicking a button with other cars ... but because there are so many systems that need to be wakened it would probably be more hesitant even if using a standard type clicker ... I even read of people with the fob having a delay occasionally too.