Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
image.jpg
image.jpg
US X HW3

Looks like it may be a random distribution - many times did I read here in the comments how others obtained the latest and greatest update (I too have FSD and early release selected) days before I got it. This time, I got it early, yesterday morning, before I got to read about it anywhere.

Going to be interesting how they handle lights in the UK. The Birmingham expressway has 3 lanes separated by a lane then the same in opposite direction with signs over the road which are red or green .... If we had it now it would be trying to stop every second as it sees them as lights... LOL.. if you know the expressway you will know what I'm talking about..

Reactions: Rustybkts
Since installing 2020.20.5 I’ve suffered so much overnight battery loss (4% per day) that I arranged a service appointment. Today I cancelled as I was reluctant to travel over 100 miles to the service centre saying I would hope a new update would fix it. Coincidence or not within 30 minutes of cancelling my appointment 2020.24.6.1 came through. Currently updating and lets hope it fixes my battery loss.

Going to be interesting how they handle lights in the UK. The Birmingham expressway has 3 lanes separated by a lane then the same in opposite direction with signs over the road which are red or green .... If we had it now it would be trying to stop every second as it sees them as lights... LOL.. if you know the expressway you will know what I'm talking about..
green arrows and red crosses yeah? should be fine. Lane specific traffic lights are common in US

jump to 2:04

TBH, Tesla should embrace CAV and V2I. Medium/long term its a solution to so many problems. Not sure short term if its rolling out. I use to work in a group that wrote the majority of UK traffic light low/kernel level control systems and nearly 3 years ago, the V2I functionality needed for traffic light control was well progressed. But we were not the people who packaged it up in the hardware and deployed.

V2I allows many features that is impossible to achieve with visual detection, such as having a window when the lights are guaranteed to remain at green - for many lights its not a fixed window and can change from phase to phase so cannot be predicted. Lots of other benefits with V2I and being on board with it provides simple solutions to what would otherwise be complex visual problems. I'm not suggesting a single solution, plenty of benefit in having visual solution too. One solution does not fit all problems. I really think Tesla should get on board with this if not already - but I never heard their name come up in discussions on the subject and I sat opposite someone on the global committee for this.

• Informative
Reactions: Adopado
Did it fix it?
No but a bit strange. Charging this morning. After about half hour it dropped to 17A again. I got in the car and reduced to 5A then back to to 30A which usually kicks it back up to full speed. It dropped again after 5 mins to 17A. Left it charging at 4kw, opened the app half hour later and the charge speed was showing 0kw, then immediately jumped back to 7kw again. It's still at 7kw now.

I had sent Tesla an update about the new release earlier so don't know if they are doing something remotely..

Last edited: