Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pretty consistently 2 weeks for me too, although I’m overdue the update to 2020.24.6.1 (plz Tesla)

I wonder if not getting the update is related to the fact that I have an open service request in the app?

5CAC4518-14F8-4154-B98A-B2CB1269AF7B.jpeg

Ok thanks - on average how long between first and last user getting same update?

Can be a few weeks sometimes. There's plenty of people still on 2020.20.12 including me. Doesn't seem to make much difference if you are on the Advanced setting on your updates screen either! Somebody has to be first and somebody has to be last ... don't take it personally! I've had a previous update in the very early phases and sometimes it feels like I'm one of the last.

Look at TeslaFi.com Firmware Tracker if you want an idea of how things are going ... there's presently more people on 2020.20.12 than any other version.

Last edited:
Apparently a new feature to see which release batch your car is in is coming soon.
Source?
Found it:
So I called Tesla today asking about how the updates work and she said that the updates are rolled out in waves according to region and production date (old news). However she said that Tesla is working on a feature that will come in a future update where you can see which batch you are in and see when exactly you will receive the next update. This is good news to prevent people from refreshing the software page every second

Last edited:
Is waking up the car in the app usually the first indicator of an update? I’ve been periodically sitting in the car and pressing the software menu to check!
I’ve always found checking in car is quicker than waiting for app/notification/TeslaFi. Can tell as it says checking for 20 odd seconds then says available.

Definitely been the case for last 3 updates. And whilst in park for some reason. (Eg I’ve checked whilst being in traffic, then checked again when parked and said was available pending WiFi).

Is waking up the car in the app usually the first indicator of an update? I’ve been periodically sitting in the car and pressing the software menu to check!
In my experience of the past two updates, I've received a push notification on my phone while I've been asleep. If I was a betting man I'd say those notifications coincided with my car waking itself up at the scheduled charging time, which was 04:30 (wish we could change this via the app).

My car hasn't been plugged in for a bit so I don't think it bothers to wake itself up now (it knows if it fell asleep with the cable connected), so I've just been periodically opening the app myself to wake the car up, in the hope it would trigger a update check.