Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020.24.61 downloading. Looks like the errands have to wait.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

DelPhonic1

Supporting Member
Mar 20, 2020
Burbank
I've been waiting on this one.

The latest software updates 2020.24.6 and 2020.24.6.1, Tesla continues to release the update to Traffic Light and Stop Sign Control (Beta). Vehicles with this update will no longer need to tap on the gas pedal to confirm green light when passing through a traffic light.

TESLA SOFTWARE VERSION 2020.24.6.1 HIGHLIGHTS
  • Traffic Light and Stop Sign Control (Beta)
  • Driving Visualization Improvements
  • Backup camera improvements
  • Dashcam Improvements
  • Supercharger Improvements
  • Pay Per Use Supercharging
  • TuneIn Improvements
  • Walk-Away Door Lock Improvements
  • On-Route Battery Warmup
  • New language support
  • Cabin Camera
Traffic Light and Stop Sign Control (Beta)

The Traffic Light and Stop Sign Control feature no longer requires explicit driver confirmation of pulling the Autopilot stalk to continue straight through an intersection for green traffic lights when there is a lead vehicle ahead of you and Autopilot is confident that you are not in a turn-only lane. The stop line in the driving visualization will now turn green to indicate that the car will continue through an intersection.

The Traffic Light and Stop Sign Control feature no longer requires explicit driver confirmation of pushing down the gear selector to continue straight through an intersection for green traffic lights when there is a lead vehicle ahead of you and Autopilot is confident that you are not in a turn-only lane. The stop line in the driving visualization will now turn green to indicate that the car will continue through an intersection.

I have a divot in my iPhone screen, too. Maybe that helped with me getting it early.

another note: some newer MX and MS may get 225kw supercharging with this update. I hope this reaches back to my 8/2018 100D...

I've been waiting on this one.

The latest software updates 2020.24.6 and 2020.24.6.1, Tesla continues to release the update to Traffic Light and Stop Sign Control (Beta). Vehicles with this update will no longer need to tap on the gas pedal to confirm green light when passing through a traffic light.

TESLA SOFTWARE VERSION 2020.24.6.1 HIGHLIGHTS
  • Traffic Light and Stop Sign Control (Beta)
  • Driving Visualization Improvements
  • Backup camera improvements
  • Dashcam Improvements
  • Supercharger Improvements
  • Pay Per Use Supercharging
  • TuneIn Improvements
  • Walk-Away Door Lock Improvements
  • On-Route Battery Warmup
  • New language support
  • Cabin Camera

The Traffic Light and Stop Sign Control feature no longer requires explicit driver confirmation of pulling the Autopilot stalk to continue straight through an intersection for green traffic lights when there is a lead vehicle ahead of you and Autopilot is confident that you are not in a turn-only lane. The stop line in the driving visualization will now turn green to indicate that the car will continue through an intersection.

The Traffic Light and Stop Sign Control feature no longer requires explicit driver confirmation of pushing down the gear selector to continue straight through an intersection for green traffic lights when there is a lead vehicle ahead of you and Autopilot is confident that you are not in a turn-only lane. The stop line in the driving visualization will now turn green to indicate that the car will continue through an intersection.

Are you part of the early whatchamacally group or is this now going out to the masses?

I can't tell if it's my obsessive refresh or not that's helping;-). I've been waiting on an update since 2020.20.12 for weeks, hoping it'll clear up some of the NOA fumbles like seeing speed limit 'slow down' signs and not cheating onto the center line on twisty roads. I'd also love if NOA can take a drive over without yanking the hell out of the wheel and thus disturbing the bliss of the beloved passengers. I have yet to test those yet. But following a car thru the intersection is a welcome NOA upgrade. Teslafi shows about the first 280 of it's S and X owners received this update today.

I went out to try the changes to Traffic Light and Stop Sign Control, and they are major IMO. Much less input needed from the driver. Sitting behind another car, when the light turns green, the stop line also turns green and the car follows the car ahead out of the intersection with no need to coax it as before. In moderate traffic I can do next to nothing regarding stop lights; it handles them appropriately. Still a lot to work on, like turns, but it feels like self driving is moving along.

I do so love the extra side cameras when in reverse. It's not quite the 360 degree view like we need, but it's way better than before. It's almost akin to having side mirror cameras.

I could care less about the games update. I wish Elon would throw that pile of smart guys into helping support FSD;-)

Umm... first Tesla and only had it for less than a week. Is that a thing to know? Should I have removed all my plug ins?

My last update was a bit of a calamity. Failed and was stuck for days saying needs service (first time in almost 2 years).
There have been some issues with USB drives. I really wanted this update, so I went overboard playing it safe.

Update did go smooth.

• Disagree
Reactions: aloha1906

2020.24.6.1 follow a lead car thru a green light works 2 ways it turns out. a) when following thru a light that is already green, b) when you are stopped at a red light and the light turns green then you follow the car in front of you. 'b)' is very convenient and not sure why I didn't realize that is how it worked when I first read about the feature.

[According to TeslaFi over 1300 of their contributing vehicles have gotten 2020.24.6.x on Autopilot 2.5 (as of now). Below 2.5 there are only a few.[/QUOTE]

I thought HW3 was needed to get Stop Lights & Stop Sign recognition.

Continuing the saga of my girlfriend versus the Model X......

Trunk door sometimes unexpectedly shuts on my head!

"One of the drawbacks is that the falcon wing doors and the back trunk doors is they do not have sensors present when they are going down to lock. If they hit something,, they will stop but they can give you a bang on the head. The doors have hit my girlfriend on the head twice when she was exiting the front passenger door and the FWD was closing on her side. I accidently closed the doors again on her yesterday, and they whacked her on the head again. I thought she was going to cry, she held her head for a minute or two, the yelled at me "I hate your car" and then fled into the pet store where we stopped."

The other night the car wanted to download 2020.24.6.4. It was early in the evening, it was going to take 25 minutes, we had not had dinner, the car was plugged into power in the front driveway so I thought "why not?" and started the download. We had dinner, it was getting dark after about an hour and we had to drive to her house to water her plants in the back yard, so I went out, unplugged the car, loaded the dog up in the back seat... the doors were strangely sluggish...

We hopped in the front seats and.... the screens were black. The car was turned off. What is wrong? I touched the brake, twitched the steering wheel, opened the door... nothing. Then it clicked. After an hour and a half, it was still installing software, according to the Tesla app. Halfway done.

"Oh, great!" my girlfriend replied. "What if I was pregnant and I needed to get to the hospital to deliver the baby and the car was dead?"

We loaded the dog in to her 2001 Prius and drove to her house in her car.

Mike P