Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020.24 with New Sentry Mode event trigger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd love to be happy but I can't be happy when I'm physically uncomfortable :p

Not buying that as the reason.
You seem to enjoy looking for the negative in everything. It’s a choice you’ve made for some reason.

I know a 10 year old boy with no parents, who was left with a bunch of health problem due to substance abuse.
Still the happiest kid you’ll ever meet. He has a lot he could complain about.

Reactions: CMoZ
I'd love to be happy but I can't be happy when I'm physically uncomfortable :p

/*RANT*/
I wasn't talking about you. I was referring to you calling out someone who's genuinely 100% happy with their car like there's some sort of problem with that. I truly can't fathom why so many people try to find things to be unhappy with. Sure x,y,z could be better and humans could have emerged from caves with modern medicine and and understanding of spaceflight. Having enough awareness to see things for what they are in the world and time they exist and being happy with that is all too rare. Tesla for example is making what they make and competing with other cars that are actually being made right now. Out of all those to me the Model 3 I own is 100% the best car and I'm 100% happy as well. If someone else makes one better with more features "I" specifically care about sure I'll give that a look and maybe jump to that but as of right now ya I'm 100% happy and consider it the "perfect" car. Paradox of choice is real. Too many options make people unhappy with any of them, understand that and don't let it make you a jaded unhappy consumer
/*RANT OVER*/

Reactions: dandrewk and PACEMD
/*RANT*/
I wasn't talking about you. I was referring to you calling out someone who's genuinely 100% happy with their car like there's some sort of problem with that. I truly can't fathom why so many people try to find things to be unhappy with. Sure x,y,z could be better and humans could have emerged from caves with modern medicine and and understanding of spaceflight. Having enough awareness to see things for what they are in the world and time they exist and being happy with that is all too rare. Tesla for example is making what they make and competing with other cars that are actually being made right now. Out of all those to me the Model 3 I own is 100% the best car and I'm 100% happy as well. If someone else makes one better with more features "I" specifically care about sure I'll give that a look and maybe jump to that but as of right now ya I'm 100% happy and consider it the "perfect" car. Paradox of choice is real. Too many options make people unhappy with any of them, understand that and don't let it make you a jaded unhappy consumer
/*RANT OVER*/

oh, gotcha. I’m just a pedant and refuse to apply the label of “perfect” to anything that can be improved.

I'm sorry, but are Tesla owners morons? Why can't Tesla—such an incredible tech company according to some of you—come up with a basic 3D surround view that is available in other vehicles priced half as much? It's almost like you people have never driven another car. Raise your standards please.

uhhhh.... 'yes' to the first question.
uhhhh.... 'yes, I'm sure they can and probably will' to the second question.
uhhhh.... 'yes, I did over 7 yrs ago' to the fourth sentence.

Did someone with 2020.24.6.1 already confirm whether when playing a sentry video, does it actually skip straight to the red dot indicating the event or do you have to actually tap it to skip to that part?

According to the notes it states, "When playing a Sentry Mode video, the Dashcam Viewer will skip ahead and begin playback right before this point."

Did someone with 2020.24.6.1 already confirm whether when playing a sentry video, does it actually skip straight to the red dot indicating the event or do you have to actually tap it to skip to that part?

According to the notes it states, "When playing a Sentry Mode video, the Dashcam Viewer will skip ahead and begin playback right before this point."

Nope, per my post above:

[...] quick comment on the Sentry viewer: even though the orange dot does correctly appear in the videos indicating the time of the event that caused Sentry to activate, the player doesn't jump straight to that timestamp - it just starts from the beginning of each video. You have to manually scroll to the orange dot, and it's hit or miss on where it actually lands..

• Disagree
Reactions: lUtriaNt and 6thDAY

i have confirmed twice (two separate sentry events) that when i open the sentry viewer, the video jumps a few seconds prior to the red dot so you can get a feel for the state of things, then when the timeline runs over the dot, the event occurs.

Reactions: mrau