Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Navigation desperately needs updating.

For those that know London: Highbury corner is still showing as a roundabout despite having been converted to a (very complex) junction system well over a year ago.

I'd say the worst issue I see with navigation is wrong speed limits.
Enabling Autosteer in a 30 zone that used to be a 60 really sucks. The car is already doing 45 before you can scroll the wheel down enough to set it to 30... :eek:

Reactions: jbih and drewpost
It bugs be that Tesla can't read the speed limit. Other lesser cars can do that. Is it patented and they can't get a licence? Have they signed something in their initial partnership with MobileEye preventing them from doing this?

Recently installed ( this morning) and just noticed range increase reported by Teslamate. Haven't had chance to investigate yet.

MS R 2019 LR. Range up from 350 ish to 370.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200710_223543.jpg
    Screenshot_20200710_223543.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 84
If someone doesn't beat me to it I'll get a picture of the release notes if anything has changed since 24.6.4.
I'm gonna be so mad if they changed the major version number but didn't add anything in the release notes... :rolleyes:

It’s just the week of the initial release. Tesla doesn’t follow standard software versioning and it really plays with peoples minds.

Reactions: M3noob
I need to get over the "night before Christmas" feeling about updates. 2020.28.2 is a snoozer ;)

But full marks for sorting out whatever blooper was included in ".1" without waiting for the asylum choir to sing. OTOH it could have been just some obscure punctuation in Polish ;)
I know it’s a throwback from the film ‘Battle of Britain’, but perhaps it’s to stop the car from saying “repeat please” :p

• Funny
Reactions: M3noob
I was cleaning the car this morning. I had the boot open. Stuck my head in the door and said “open frunk” only to be told it was already open.
Clearly not, so I used the screen!
I swear if say “open froot”, a peeled banana will appear from the glovebox :p

Briefly considered "froot" but thought it might impune those who were out of the closet if uttered in the wrong company :)

FYI 2020.28.1 is a huge huge update for European/Dutch 3.0 fsd drivers. Our traffic lights are high up on this side of the crossing. The AI now looks higher up in the air can for the first time see the difference between red and green when you are first in line. Big change. That explains why it goes into Europe mostly. Interestingly enough it is not mentioned in the release notes. Was considered a minor bug I guess.
79283634-F605-4778-B1E9-C9C3B56BA1AE.jpeg

Recently installed ( this morning) and just noticed range increase reported by Teslamate. Haven't had chance to investigate yet.

MS R 2019 LR. Range up from 350 ish to 370.

I too have had a range increase on my 2019 Raven Model X Performance, from 298 to 303 on TeslaFi. May seem small, but I've been very consistently at 298 for a while and 3 charges on 2020.28.x back up the new range. Could of course just be coincidental calibration by the BMS.

Also finding the car is going to sleep much better on 2020.28.2

I too have had a range increase on my 2019 Raven Model X Performance, from 298 to 303 on TeslaFi. May seem small, but I've been very consistently at 298 for a while and 3 charges on 2020.28.x back up the new range. Could of course just be coincidental calibration by the BMS.

Also finding the car is going to sleep much better on 2020.28.2

Just a thought, but may be the update triggers a range recalibration based on certain (revised?) parameters so that different models / configurations see different changes. As you say, a step change, even of 5 miles when everything has been in a steady state does suggest something specific triggered it.

FYI 2020.28.1 is a huge huge update for European/Dutch 3.0 fsd drivers. Our traffic lights are high up on this side of the crossing. The AI now looks higher up in the air can for the first time see the difference between red and green when you are first in line. Big change. That explains why it goes into Europe mostly. Interestingly enough it is not mentioned in the release notes. Was considered a minor bug I guess.
View attachment 563686
That is a lot of traffic lights!