Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got notified

B2DD4234-7911-481F-B5E0-7291506244A7.jpeg

Can't edit thread title apparently, but you get the point

Is it true .28.x reduces the height of the Very High and High settings? By how much?

I’m not sure by how much. But I believe I read in the manual it’s 9 inches to the side skis. I also don’t know if it was something else before. I definitely noticed the speed change and it’s welcomed.

I have my X set to very high to enter a very steep and short driveway and it’s not scraping at least.

Current settings on 2020.20.17
Very High to High at 35mph
High to Standard at 45mph
Ground Clearance: Standard 7 in, Very High w/o skis 9 in, 8 with
What does it mean to be with and without skis?
I could live with the speed changes but do not want to lose actual clearance.

I’m guessing the speed reduction is to reduce half shaft damage and the consequent shudder. Honestly do not think Tesla would enforce a change for rider’s comfort sake when the operator could make the change themselves.

Per Verygreen on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/greentheonly/status/1285371310269444101
2020.28.5 is making rounds now that enables pack id93 S/X cars (-H and -G 100kW packs, produced June+) up to 250kW peak rates on v3 supercharges.

Has to be more to it than that, because I just got it on my model 3 (actually, I got 2020.28.5, but I am assuming thats what the thread starter ment in the rush to be *first* to post this).

Also, at least for my model 3, the release notes have no change at all from 2020.28.2.

• Informative
Reactions: APotatoGod
Just received 2020.28.5 on my ‘17 MX:

1) FINALLY: +5mph on AP on streets

2) Updated speeds for Very High and High suspension

3) language support

Suspension updates limit acceleration and suspension will automatically lower at 14mph (Very High to High) and 35mph (High to Normal). Obviously more valuable update is increased limit on city streets, especially in CA where current city street AP was essentially unusable.

Attachments

• 3E580B7B-411B-453F-8171-F9A57FB1C6BD.jpeg
    3E580B7B-411B-453F-8171-F9A57FB1C6BD.jpeg
    277.4 KB · Views: 87
Just received 2020.28.5 on my ‘17 MX:

1) FINALLY: +5mph on AP on streets

2) Updated speeds for Very High and High suspension

3) language support

Suspension updates limit acceleration and suspension will automatically lower at 14mph (Very High to High) and 35mph (High to Normal). Obviously more valuable update is increased limit on city streets, especially in CA where current city street AP was essentially unusable.
I downloaded this update last night, as well, but haven't driven the MX today. Soooo glad to see the +5 increase. It was really hard to use/test the AP on city streets because literally NOBODY drives at the speed limit and I was always being "pushed" from behind to speed up.

Yeah I haven’t had a chance to try it out either. I think they’re taking baby steps while collecting more data. In theory it’s more complicated to drive on city streets vs highways where everyone is going in the same direction without cross-traffic. I’d expect another couple of weeks before Tesla ups it again to +10 or so. I think 10mph is the magic number where AP on streets will be more feasible/ realistic.

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
You can override the +5 by pressing the accelerator pedal. It is beta mode, so we are helping the system "learn". I run in AP whenever possible, and generally press the accelerator pedal to keep up with traffic. I didi note it piloted a little worse with this update, in areas I drive often. It responded to stop signs that were angled to intersecting roads (not the road I was on) a couple of times, and failed to navigate a few hard turns (even though it had no problem with these turns in the past). Almost like it needs to "learn" these roads again?

Reactions: X-pilot