TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
  1. g1000x

g1000x Member

Just got notified

B2DD4234-7911-481F-B5E0-7291506244A7.jpeg

Can't edit thread title apparently, but you get the point

• Like x 1
    • Love x 1
  2. alexdav

alexdav Supporting Member

Looks to be bug fixes. Just finished installing on the X.

3. Gwgan

Gwgan Almost a wagon

Is it true .28.x reduces the height of the Very High and High settings? By how much?

4. Mo City

Mo City Active Member

• Like x 1
  5. g1000x

g1000x Member

Yes it is true.

On 2020.28.2: Very High = 15 MPH, High = 35 MPH

6. Gwgan

Gwgan Almost a wagon

But is there also a change in the actual static height?

7. alexdav

alexdav Supporting Member

I’m not sure by how much. But I believe I read in the manual it’s 9 inches to the side skis. I also don’t know if it was something else before. I definitely noticed the speed change and it’s welcomed.

I have my X set to very high to enter a very steep and short driveway and it’s not scraping at least.

8. Gwgan

Gwgan Almost a wagon

Current settings on 2020.20.17
    Very High to High at 35mph
    High to Standard at 45mph
    Ground Clearance: Standard 7 in, Very High w/o skis 9 in, 8 with
    What does it mean to be with and without skis?
    I could live with the speed changes but do not want to lose actual clearance.

9. g1000x

g1000x Member

I don't think so. I believe they tuned the speed to make it more comfortable as the higher speeds resulted in less comfort at the higher settings.

10. Gwgan

Gwgan Almost a wagon

I’m guessing the speed reduction is to reduce half shaft damage and the consequent shudder. Honestly do not think Tesla would enforce a change for rider’s comfort sake when the operator could make the change themselves.

11. jjrandorin

jjrandorin Moderator, Model 3, Tesla Energy Forums

Has to be more to it than that, because I just got it on my model 3 (actually, I got 2020.28.5, but I am assuming thats what the thread starter ment in the rush to be *first* to post this).

Also, at least for my model 3, the release notes have no change at all from 2020.28.2.

• Informative x 1
  12. Gwgan

Gwgan Almost a wagon

@alexdav please check the manual under index item Suspension Specifications to compare with the 7, 8, 9 inches in my older manual. Thanks

13. john5520

john5520 Member

Got this update tonight.

14. Caliguy134

Caliguy134 New Member

Just received 2020.28.5 on my ‘17 MX:

1) FINALLY: +5mph on AP on streets

2) Updated speeds for Very High and High suspension

3) language support

Suspension updates limit acceleration and suspension will automatically lower at 14mph (Very High to High) and 35mph (High to Normal). Obviously more valuable update is increased limit on city streets, especially in CA where current city street AP was essentially unusable.

Attached Files:

• Informative x 2
    • Like x 2
  15. blkpantha

blkpantha eddiek69mlw

Just got mine too... have yet to test drive it

16. Ever34

Ever34 Member

I assume an F pack from January ‘20 will not ever get 250kw charging??

17. Kentucky3

Kentucky3 Member

I downloaded this update last night, as well, but haven't driven the MX today. Soooo glad to see the +5 increase. It was really hard to use/test the AP on city streets because literally NOBODY drives at the speed limit and I was always being "pushed" from behind to speed up.

• Like x 3
  18. njhtran

njhtran Member

it's too bad that you can't exceed higher than 5. realistically even 5 is too low.

19. Caliguy134

Caliguy134 New Member

Yeah I haven’t had a chance to try it out either. I think they’re taking baby steps while collecting more data. In theory it’s more complicated to drive on city streets vs highways where everyone is going in the same direction without cross-traffic. I’d expect another couple of weeks before Tesla ups it again to +10 or so. I think 10mph is the magic number where AP on streets will be more feasible/ realistic.

• Like x 1
  20. MEAllard

MEAllard Member

You can override the +5 by pressing the accelerator pedal. It is beta mode, so we are helping the system "learn". I run in AP whenever possible, and generally press the accelerator pedal to keep up with traffic. I didi note it piloted a little worse with this update, in areas I drive often. It responded to stop signs that were angled to intersecting roads (not the road I was on) a couple of times, and failed to navigate a few hard turns (even though it had no problem with these turns in the past). Almost like it needs to "learn" these roads again?

• Like x 1