Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You can override the +5 by pressing the accelerator pedal. It is beta mode, so we are helping the system "learn". I run in AP whenever possible, and generally press the accelerator pedal to keep up with traffic. I didi note it piloted a little worse with this update, in areas I drive often. It responded to stop signs that were angled to intersecting roads (not the road I was on) a couple of times, and failed to navigate a few hard turns (even though it had no problem with these turns in the past). Almost like it needs to "learn" these roads again?
Huh, using accel while on AP used to warn us and exit eventually. Its been a while since I tried, thx.

Just received 2020.28.5 on my ‘17 MX:

Suspension updates limit acceleration and suspension will automatically lower at 14mph (Very High to High) and 35mph (High to Normal). …
The language “maximum allowed speed AND clearance” suggests not only the speed limits for higher suspension levels have been lowered but the actual heights have been lowered. Someone with the update please check the manual specs to see if they have changed.

Teslascope showed an SiriusXM gui update for the last two releases. Sadly I have not got this feature in my update.
I'm pretty sure this only applies to cars that had XM to begin with (older MCU S/X and newer ones with Premium Audio), so you have to be in that group. Assuming you are, then the update is relatively minor GUI improvements like stations categorized by genre, more stations shown per page, etc. Not a significant update IMHO, so you could have it and not really realize it.

It started at 600 ft and then gradually increased to 1000 ft.
How far was the traffic light approximately? I've also been seeing some traffic lights report distances greater than 600 ft now that are indeed visible and further away. I'm guessing Autopilot originally thought the light was closer to start showing the message then realized its mistake.

How far was the traffic light approximately? I've also been seeing some traffic lights report distances greater than 600 ft now that are indeed visible and further away. I'm guessing Autopilot originally thought the light was closer to start showing the message then realized its mistake.
In my subsequent post, I said about 1500 ft. That's a very rough estimate though. It may have been 1200 ft. I was just surprised to see the message pop up so soon. In the previous versions of firmware, the message popped up at that same intersection that I take to work right at the 600 ft mark.

For what it's worth, when the message popped up, the graphic correctly indicated that the light was red.

I probably missed it in prior posts, but my Sept 2019 Raven X displayed range was slightly increased with this release. My phone shows 323 miles at 100%, which I assume would have been 325-328 if battery was new.

I second this post. Our X since delivery would only charge to 270 @ 90% until tonight after the update it’s now 275. Good to see it’s a better estimate.

I’ve noticed the range bump too. My 90% (July 19 Raven LR) went from 294 to 297
I second this post. Our X since delivery would only charge to 270 @ 90% until tonight after the update it’s now 275. Good to see it’s a better estimate.
From the 2020.28.5 release notes:
Annotation 2020-07-28 232453.jpg

How do you know it was downloading?

Well, whenever I need to do an update I have to move my car in order to connect to the wifi. So with the update available this morning I went and parked at the right spot. Connected the wifi, the download started, left my car and continued working. I checked my app once and it was saying "downloading ~39%".

After a while I check back because I did not get the notification that the update was ready to install and the app does not say update available anymore... Went back to my car to check if its just an issue with the app, nope. The software tab shows no update available anymore.

Well, whenever I need to do an update I have to move my car in order to connect to the wifi. So with the update available this morning I went and parked at the right spot. Connected the wifi, the download started, left my car and continued working. I checked my app once and it was saying "downloading ~39%".

After a while I check back because I did not get the notification that the update was ready to install and the app does not say update available anymore... Went back to my car to check if its just an issue with the app, nope. The software tab shows no update available anymore.

I doubt it got pulled. Sometimes things glitch. It will probably try again in a day. I’d do fresh reboot now, just in case.

I'm pretty sure this only applies to cars that had XM to begin with (older MCU S/X and newer ones with Premium Audio), so you have to be in that group. Assuming you are, then the update is relatively minor GUI improvements like stations categorized by genre, more stations shown per page, etc. Not a significant update IMHO, so you could have it and not really realize it.

Got the update last night and my car does have XM and I did not get this in the release notes. I'm not subscribed to XM but I would think it would still show up in the release notes.