Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I could have used the new feature that warns you if you left the trunk open. Was loading the car up for a trip last week and came inside and got distracted. Started raining (massive downpour). Decided to check out my outdoor security cameras to see how they worked in the rain. Got a nice view of my wide open trunk. Luckily not much made it into the trunk (lucky angle and no wind) :)

• Funny
Reactions: elf9
-----

Dynamic Brake Lights

Model S, Model X

Available in these countries…

If you are driving over 50 km/h (31 mph) and brake forcefully, the brake lights will now flash quickly to warn other drivers that your car is rapidly slowing down. If your car stops completely, the hazard warning lights will flash until you press the accelerator or manually press the hazard warning lights button to turn them off.

"
-----

Any idea why the 3/Y doesn't have this or did it already have it? Also I don't see USA in the list of countries - maybe due to regulations? Though I have definitely seen BMWs and other premium cars here in the states blink fast during a hard emergency stop.

Awesome update for those with Raven model S/X.

Dynamic Brake Lights

Model S, Model X

Any idea why the 3/Y doesn't have this or did it already have it? Also I don't see USA in the list of countries - maybe due to regulations? Though I have definitely seen BMWs and other premium cars here in the states blink fast during a hard emergency stop.

I think this was discussed in a thread here before, and if I remember correctly there was some question on the regulations in the US as to how this has to be implemented and whether it's allowed in all states or not.

-----

Dynamic Brake Lights

Model S, Model X

If you are driving over 50 km/h (31 mph) and brake forcefully, the brake lights will now flash quickly to warn other drivers that your car is rapidly slowing down. If your car stops completely, the hazard warning lights will flash until you press the accelerator or manually press the hazard warning lights button to turn them off.

"
-----

My UK m3p does at least put the hazards on in an emergency stop, as I discovered yesterday.

-----

Dynamic Brake Lights

Model S, Model X

"
-----

Speaking for BMWs you have seen that do this, that is likely due to the owner coding it that way (third party utilities to change features on the car). At least in CA, no BMWs I ever bought new over the last 15 years or so did the "blink break lights on hard braking" thing from the factory, but I coded a couple of mine to do that.

What I would like is Close Windows When Rain Detected.

Seems like such an obvious feature. Been wanting this for a while.

I think the trouble is that this feature could also be called "always-on/max battery drain."

Personally, I'd just like to be able to completely open all windows on demand. When I'm heading towards the car in a big parking lot and will be there in one minute, I feel like opening all the windows will do more to cool off the cabin and use a lot less power than cranking the AC.

Reactions: DrtyJrze