Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't know all of the changes that happened with this update but one stuck out as particularly impressive.

When we purchased our Y the auto up/down feature worked on all windows except the front passenger window. We would need to hold the button the entire time to make the window go up or down. That is one thing that we did not check at delivery on 8/1/20. We verified all windows worked but didn't take notice of the auto up/down feature being inoperative. We figured it out over the next few days and simply didn't make the service call yet.

We completed our 2020.32.3 update yesterday and now the window works! No need to make a service call or pull the door apart or replace parts...

Impressive car with an impressive fix! Loving our Y...

>> We would need to hold the button the entire time to make the window go up or down.

This is a common calibration issue with all windows that have auto-open/auto-close feature.
Motor needs to learn the force it 'senses' when the window hits its maximum position.
You can calibrate them by pressing close for a few seconds when windows are already fully closed and/or open when they are already fully opened.
Some cars will sound a beep when new values got remembered, some won't.

New update tackling with sensing windows being open probably reprogrammed those magic values causing your windows to start working.
Previous updates did not touch window controllers.

How will car know windows are open? It will try to close them and look at the power motor is drawing.

Possibly, but we've had a previous update and full reboot before. I am just glad it is fixed...

Point taken.

I had phantom “obstacles” that my Auto up would stop at (half way up) when I first got my X. It would only go up all the way if I held it in up position. I looked at the Model X sticky and recalibrated my Window (very bizarre procedure). I could make that phantom obstacle move around. Finally got it to go all the way up after many many attempts. About week later I bobbled putting the window up. I hit the button funny. Instantly the phantom obstacle was back. Did the recal procedure again. That was almost a year ago and it’s been fine ever since.

• Informative
Reactions: kmacm20