Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just for that one notification, or for all of them?

You can customize what you want. Here is what the screen looks like:

VEZwwEb.png

You can customize what you want. Here is what the screen looks like:

Nice! Thanks. But yeah, I do like the idea of having a warning if you actually leave the windows *open* but vented seems like it should be considered closed. A check box saying "Exclude Venting" would do it. The whole thing seems a little overthought though; a solution crying out for a problem.

Reactions: APotatoGod
Nice! Thanks. But yeah, I do like the idea of having a warning if you actually leave the windows *open* but vented seems like it should be considered closed. A check box saying "Exclude Venting" would do it. The whole thing seems a little overthought though; a solution crying out for a problem.

Well, I think the problem is leaving the window open to vent, walking away, and doing other stuff and then it starts raining and you forgot that your window was open. When you come back to your car, the inside is soaked. That's happened to me on previous cars. It's why I would never roll down my windows ever on my Model 3 just to be safe.

Ok, who came up with this bright idea?
This feature can be a hazard. A car shouldn't be doing this. Instead, the car should just detect the condition and sends a notification to the phone. The owner then has the option to close them if he/she likes.
Consider the following scenario: A busy mom drives her tesla to the market with a kid in the bak. She recklessly leaves the kid in the car with windows down and runs into the store for a few minutes to pick up some milk.... I'll let you fill in the blank.

Can anyone else confirm that their car now sucks at slowing down for sharp curves while on TACC or AutoSteer? Model Y here on 2020.32.3.

NoA also disengaged while making a lane change onto an on ramp that normally it does perfectly. Red steering wheel “take over immediately” flashing.

I’ve read of the regressions in updates, sucks, but looks like this is what’s going on here.

Can anyone else confirm that their car now sucks at slowing down for sharp curves while on TACC or AutoSteer? Model Y here on 2020.32.3.

NoA also disengaged while making a lane change onto an on ramp that normally it does perfectly. Red steering wheel “take over immediately” flashing.

I’ve read of the regressions in updates, sucks, but looks like this is what’s going on here.

i went on some very twisty country roads and my experience is the opposite, I have never witnessed by car taking curvy roads at slow speed better than it does in 2020.32.3.(I have a 3 SR+)

i can confirm that on 2020.32.2 I was getting strange behaviour like the car wanting to stop in the middle of an intersection but that seems to be gone in 32.3 now. IMO, this is the most confident version of Autopilot I’ve ever come across.

Do you have more than one garage door programmed? We have three Homelink devices and the menu is still opaque in 2020.32.2 on the S and 2020.32.3 on the Y.
Yes, I have 3. I have 2 at my home and 1 at my daughters house. I’ve also noticed that it now only lists my 2 doors when at home but shows all 3 when at my daughters. I only have 1 programmed for auto open/close and it works perfectly.

Tesla wants to use the interior camera I think or add some sort of microwave detection to determine if anyone is in the car. But in the meantime, if you have kids good thing you
Can turn it off.

Reactions: APotatoGod
This feature can be a hazard. A car shouldn't be doing this. Instead, the car should just detect the condition and sends a notification to the phone. The owner then has the option to close them if he/she likes.
Consider the following scenario: A busy mom drives her tesla to the market with a kid in the bak. She recklessly leaves the kid in the car with windows down and runs into the store for a few minutes to pick up some milk.... I'll let you fill in the blank.

Don't you think leaving your kids in the car with windows open is a problem in itself? Maybe you know....don't do that.

Don't you think leaving your kids in the car with windows open is a problem in itself? Maybe you know....don't do that.
Literally not too much is wrong with leaving your kid in the car with the windows down for a few minutes assuming:
  1. Kid is old enough (5+)
  2. Air is breathable (most places where people can afford Teslas)
  3. It's not excruciatingly hot (again, most places)
  4. It is indeed for a few minutes
  5. The area is safe of criminals/kidnappers
I was left in cars as a kid but parents always rolled the windows down and sometimes gave me the keys in case I wanted to start the car and turn on the A/C.

i went on some very twisty country roads and my experience is the opposite, I have never witnessed by car taking curvy roads at slow speed better than it does in 2020.32.3.(I have a 3 SR+)

i can confirm that on 2020.32.2 I was getting strange behaviour like the car wanting to stop in the middle of an intersection but that seems to be gone in 32.3 now. IMO, this is the most confident version of Autopilot I’ve ever come across.

Yup, noticed the same thing yesterday.:(

For those who reported this no longer works what model do you have? For me the Model Y. Hope this isn't like the Open Glovebox feature which worked when I first got my Y in June but now the command is still not available even after several updates.

Reckless use of any feature “can be a hazard”. Recklessly leaving a child in the back of a car with a window down could result in kidnapping. A person who is so reckless might also be disposed to leave a child (or other vulnerable person) in a car with the windows rolled up.

Whenever I leave the car with someone in it, including a responsible adult, I use the dog mode. It really isn’t all that difficult. I would hope that a person who has responsibilities for a vulnerable person would not be reckless.

In any case, the feature is user selectable.

I was left in cars as a kid but parents always rolled the windows down and sometimes gave me the keys in case I wanted to start the car and turn on the A/C.

I have lived in at least six motor vehicle jurisdictions. In each of them, leaving a kid with “care and control” of a motor vehicle (i.e., having the vehicle drivable) was a serious infraction. In most of those jurisdictions it might also result in a child protection investigation if reported.