Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would call it semi-translucent. I didn’t notice it until you pointed it out. They need to significantly reduce the opacity in order to make pedestrians more visible. Used to completely block my view of Pedestrians on the sidewalk as I backed out of my driveway. Now only ~90%.
Still a step in the right direction.
So there’s still hope for larger font options sometime in the future. We may have to wait until Elon gets a little older and needs reading glasses.
Yes, could be more transparent but way better than it was. Never thought the font size was too small. I’ve always used auto open/close so I’ve never had the Homelink covered. I can see how that would be annoying.

Yes, could be more transparent but way better than it was. Never thought the font size was too small. I’ve always used auto open/close so I’ve never had the Homelink covered. I can see how that would be annoying.
Sorry I meant font sizes on a more global basis. Like the option of an iPhone. I don’t have a problem with the ones in Homelink either

Reactions: sevenout
Just got 2020.32.3. I really like the feature that automatically rolls up the windows when you walk away. That is a nice convenience feature that will prevent you from ever accidentally getting the inside of your car soaked because you forgot to roll up your windows when it started raining.

:(:(
Just got 2020.32.3. I really like the feature that automatically rolls up the windows when you walk away. That is a nice convenience feature that will prevent you from ever accidentally getting the inside of your car soaked because you forgot to roll up your windows when it started raining.
That new feature only appeared on our Model 3 (not on our Model S) in 2020.32.2
:(

• Helpful
Reactions: TexasDuke
Got 2020.32.3 this evening. The release notes are the same as 32.2 which gave the nice suspension and ride on my S even tho it was pre-raven. Beautiful ride. However, the visualization includes the pedestrian identification in front of the car. I don't remember seeing that before. It will have the person in red and alert you loudly if you are moving and closer to the pedestrian. I could not take a picture of the red alert. But see the attached visualization when someone is crossing and the car is not moving.

IMG_20200824_200539.jpg IMG_20200824_204355.jpg

This is terrible My HomeLink dropdown always popped up whenever I would reverse out of my garage. It would show up over the reverse camera. Now it doesn't pop up at all. I have to close the rearview camera, tap the Homelink icon, close the garage, and then go back and open the rearview camera.

Every single day.

This problem started happening ever since the side camera update.

Reactions: Pale_Rider
Also what is the "magic trick" lol...to make the "AutoClose" happen every time in reverse. The Homelink button appears for me all the time but the AutoClose only shows up about 25% of the time and I have to press the Homelink button manually.
This is purely anecdotal...
Seems like opening the door, and not immediately backing out or backing out and sitting for a bit in a spot short of the auto close limit (less than 20ft) sometimes cancels the auto close.

Just installed the 32.2 update and noticed that the Homelink drop down menu is now translucent when in reverse. I’ve always thought that drop down was annoying in reverse because it blocked a good portion of the rear camera feed. Now you can see through it!! Still solid black otherwise.
Do you have more than one garage door programmed? We have three Homelink devices and the menu is still opaque in 2020.32.2 on the S and 2020.32.3 on the Y.

This is purely anecdotal...
Seems like opening the door, and not immediately backing out or backing out and sitting for a bit in a spot short of the auto close limit (less than 20ft) sometimes cancels the auto close.
The way it “doesn’t” work for me is. Open garage door at my exit door so it lights the garage as well. Walk to car and unplug it. Open driver door and get in and close door. Press the brake pedal while fastening seatbelt. Push up on stalk to put in to reverse. 75% of the time Homelink pops up but with NO notification of auto-close or 25% or the time pops up WITH auto-close displayed. Always pops up just roll of the dice whether it’s will auto-close or I have to press the Homelink button that is already displayed. Very irritating trying to figure out the rhyme and reason for it.

I won't use that because it will never rain here ever again, so I generally leave the windows "Vent"ed during the day. I also don't like that the car will always text me and sound the alert that I left windows open. When I heard about that feature I thought, Surely, Venting will be excluded. But no.

I won't use that because it will never rain here ever again, so I generally leave the windows "Vent"ed during the day. I also don't like that the car will always text me and sound the alert that I left windows open. When I heard about that feature I thought, Surely, Venting will be excluded. But no.

You can turn off the feature and/or turn off notifications.