Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is all well and good but not all of us live in the country. Some of us get to enjoy five lanes of bumper to bumper traffic. Where the previous behavior was suboptimal.

Sure but that could be fixed in a far more intelligent manner than "enable passing lane blocking mode". eg if car is doing stop/start/slow in freeway conditions and lanes either side (where they exist) are frequently congested and would prevent lane change, automatically increase the time before attempting to pull out of a passing line.

Reactions: SVL77 and M109Rider
Sure but that could be fixed in a far more intelligent manner than "enable passing lane blocking mode". eg if car is doing stop/start/slow in freeway conditions and lanes either side (where they exist) are frequently congested and would prevent lane change, automatically increase the time before attempting to pull out of a passing line.
Absolutely and I would prefer added intelligence instead of a more manual solution like this flag. Though I will take this mulligan for now as I assume it's just a stop gap till they further tune passing lane behavior in various conditions.

The “exit passing Lane” portion is new for me

Attachments

• 82BAD28C-62DD-4A8F-89D1-00B199376C13.jpeg
    82BAD28C-62DD-4A8F-89D1-00B199376C13.jpeg
    831.6 KB · Views: 70