Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We got this last week in UK - it gave us the traffic light and stop sign control and green light chime. Speed sign recognition came a couple of days before with 2020.36.3.1

I have yet to hear green light chime even though its enabled. Likewise, car does not respond to speed signs although it does for other UK users even on 'local roads'. So I am a bit confused why those features don't work for me but they do for some others. FSD on HW3.

Hold brake and thumb wheels to reset. See if that helps.

We got this last week in UK - it gave us the traffic light and stop sign control and green light chime. Speed sign recognition came a couple of days before with 2020.36.3.1

I have yet to hear green light chime even though its enabled. Likewise, car does not respond to speed signs although it does for other UK users even on 'local roads'. So I am a bit confused why those features don't work for me but they do for some others. FSD on HW3.

Go into menu > navigation, and un-mute your navigation directions. With it un-muted, increase the volume. Then you can mute it again. Now you should hear the chimes.

M
I am finding all these Californian's sounding like anyone out here actually considers the "Fast lane" a "passing lane" (in CA specifically) humorous. There is no such thing here in CA as "keep right except to pass" even though people are supposed to do that.

At least, I have never, ever, in my entire time of driving here in southern california (or less frequently when on business trips to Nor cal and renting a car) seen a Freeway here with cars on it, with the number 1 lane (which would be the passing lane) not occupied by cars while other lanes are.

Behavior of this feature aside, people in CA just use all lanes, and its not just "a few" its just about everyone.

EDIT: So that my post remains on topic to the thread....

"Just got notified of update for my car, downloading now!!!"
:D

EDIT 2: I am fully aware that in other places, this is actually a thing that people do effectively. Its just not done by many people at all here in CA.
My friend got pulled over for staying in left lane in Kansas. It is a law in Kansas (I’m from CA, so used to being in left lane if going faster). Kansas has long paths with few cars; still need to stay in right lane!

On Washington State freeways, the fast lane is typically the far right lane. Most everyone moves as far to the left as possible on a multi-lane road and chokes the left lanes. This may be a unique feature of this state.
Left lane = fast lane => you will get there faster. Therefore, always stay in the left lane and you will arrive sooner.

• Funny
Reactions: IdaX and joelliot
Anyone else notice that the pedestrian sound warning now makes a noise when in DRIVE!? Previously I only had the spaceship sound in reverse. Now I get a white noise sound when driving forward slowly. A bit irritating. Was this present before? I certainly never noticed it.

Go into menu > navigation, and un-mute your navigation directions. With it un-muted, increase the volume. Then you can mute it again. Now you should hear the chimes.

Thankyou. Either that, or another setting I toggled on same drive (the speaker on the visualisation panel) seems to have enabled the chime. Both settings were enabled for sound, but I toggled each of them off then back on again.

Hmm...

Attachments

• 8162C0F9-3681-4249-9645-261DA99D94A2.jpeg
    8162C0F9-3681-4249-9645-261DA99D94A2.jpeg
    105.8 KB · Views: 69
Thankyou. Either that, or another setting I toggled on same drive (the speaker on the visualisation panel) seems to have enabled the chime. Both settings were enabled for sound, but I toggled each of them off then back on again.

I am glad you got it working. I can't give any credit to me though. It exact same issue was mentioned on a YouTube video and that fixed it. The chime volume seemed to be linked to navigation volume, even if you have the voice muted. But either way, glad you got it working.

Reactions: MrBadger